What have you got in the loft?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brandane

Legendary Member
Bike tyres, lots of them. A new set of 700c wheels that came with my Specialized Secteur. Several derailleurs, a spare set of flat bars with shifters and brakes.. you get the picture! Camping equipment - tents x 3, sleeping bags x 3, self inflating mattreses x 2... Paint, tools, rolls of unused excess wallpaper,......

I dread to think what we’ve got in the loft. My wife never throws anything away.

The thought of having to empty it terrifies me. If we were ever to move house, I’d plaster over the loft access and pretend we didn’t have one.

lazybloke

Considering a new username
I dread to think what we’ve got in the loft. My wife never throws anything away.

The thought of having to empty it terrifies me. If we were ever to move house, I’d plaster over the loft access and pretend we didn’t have one.
You'd be expected to move it all to the next loft. No doubt you could sneakily leave some behind.

Same problem here, if you're wondering.

Slick

Guru
Moved to a bigger house 2 years ago and married to Mrs Slick who is now brutal when it comes to whats stored and whats binned after the pain of our last flit. So, other than a few bits and bobs, my loft is almost spotless.

Drago

Legendary Member
:laugh:
We just ditched the rowing machine a couple of months ago, been up there for years :headshake:

Blimey, Must be been rowing at one helluva rate to get it up there!

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Two frames:

An Avanti Circa 1 that I'm going to build up into 2019's winter bike
A Forme race frame that I got from @Kernow_T when I thought my Wilier's frame was cracking. It's still going so the Forme frame is sat there

A bike bag

My collection of antique books
Some paintings

10,000 Sainsbury's carrier bags from before they introduced a 5p charge per bag: they make good insulators whilst up there.

Loads of old IT kit and much, much more.

Last edited:

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
Quite a mixed bag. Camping equipment, Christmas stuff, a collection of 300 or so beer mats from the 1960s - 1980s etc. But as with @Tenacious Sloth Mrs B has all-sorts up there, which she steadfastly refuses to bin. When we had the house extended 3-4 years ago, I managed to get rid of many kilos of paper from her teaching days, but there is still some up there.

Slick

Guru
....well, that's what you say at least.....
Even less now that Mrs Slick has removed the Christmas decorations. (Yes yes I know it's far too early but we're off on holiday next week and family coming to stay on our return so Mrs Slick wants them up before we go). By my count, we've got a golf bag, a set of spare 700c wheels, a wedding dress, some offshore gear like bags, overalls and some boots and a few of the old FIL model boats. There will be more, but not much.

Mrs Salad's complete Christmas grotto in a box (well actually lots of boxes) collection.

3 guitar amps, all of which get used very rarely.

A banjo, a bass guitar and several percussion bits and pieces.

Various canoe and kayak paddles, even though I have not paddles for all of 10 years now.

Top Bottom