What have you got in the loft?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Boxes of college notes from 25 years ago, kitchen stuff - as my kitchen is too small to keep it all, christmas decorations, 2 big black round things full of water (never did know what they did:laugh::laugh:), tat, more tat, and even more tat. The temperatures up there are too extreme for me to put any of my treasures up there

MachersMan

That half an hours work has cost you a few bob

Na, I renovated an old building myself (man and boy builder) and put 4 inches of Kingspan insulation in all the walls then installed a Esse Ironheart stove capable of 8Kw. I've sourced and processed the fuel myself (wood) and got the cost as low as £66 a year. I buy hardwood logs now and the cost for heating and cooking is £450 a year. I use more electricity in summer than I do in winter when it's too warm to light the stove and have to cook with leccy, no gas here! Don't need the insulation.

Dry the washing, boil the kettle and make a pan of soup with two or three logs, job done.
14.jpg

Last edited:

postman

Legendary Member

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Amplifier, speakers, tape deck, record player and all my tapes & vinyl, a VCR player & all the old video tapes, and a box full of old cigarette cards inherited from my grandad.

Does the old, disconnected water tank count as there's no way that's coming out without cutting it up or removing parts of the roof?

Oldbloke

Guru
We did have a large snake when we moved in, seems it wasn't impressed & has moved on.

A neighbouring holiday home still has one in the attic, neighbour removed it a couple of years ago but it's back. Seems it keeps the mice population down.

Globalti

Legendary Member
A very large framed marine chart of the Hebrides that my wife brought to our marriage. The problem is that it won't come back down through the hatch so we are a bit baffled as to how we got it up there.

Several pairs of skis, two ice axes, camping kit and dozens of boxes for shoes and appliances we've bought in case we decide to EBay them.

Top Bottom