What have you got that will 'see you out'?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GuyBoden

Guru
My Fender Stratocaster. It's a mere 41 years old now. I bought it new, it's always been way better than I am, and thus I never needed anything else (save for a few spares for when I break strings at a gig). It's been refretted as I wore out the original frets, but I'm more of an acoustic player these days so I won't wear out the current frets. Plus there are no gigs anymore anyway. I have plenty of other guitars should I need to sell a few to buy a mobility scooter or a stairlift one day. But I shall keep the strat!

Yes, my 1949 Gibson L4C, will be here long after I'm gone.

my-gibson-l4c-1949-jpg.jpg

I bought it in the USA a long time ago, when the £ was worth a lot.

byegad

Legendary Member
House, two recumbent trikes, a model railway, with enough stock to see my Grandchildren out too, and soon I hope a new right knee joint!

Badger_Boom

Über Member
Like @tyred I have a couple of Zenit 35mm SLR cameras which will probably last for ever. When I bought the first one I was told not to worry about dropping it, as the only thing likely to get damaged was the floor...
The only reason my Zenit won't see me out is because I replaced it with a Pentax K1000 that's even more solid.

Things that will probably see me out include my small but much loved and well-worn collection of archaeological trowels, and my Cordings covert coat which seems indestructible.

My good old Landrover .. I don't plan on getting another vehicle , served me well past few years . long may it continue

Mine too although it will probably be like Trigger's broom by then.

Big John

Guru
A collection of Helly Hansen thermal long sleeved tops that I bought in about 1984 when I started running. When I finally had to pack in running and took up cycling I used them for that too. They're still not showing much sign of wear except for one where the wife tried to iron it once and left a lovely shape of an iron on the sleeve. They'll definitely see me out.

Top Bottom