What have you got that will 'see you out'?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
A huge bar of Savon de Marseille
1978 Fender Precision bass, sunburst (poor example, very heavy)
Possibly Ganna's hour record

Must report that I have outlived the Savon de Marseille.

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo

- Still good. Almost changed the strings at the weekend- if I had, then these might have seen me out (was going to do it but realised they'd still be too 'poinky' when I need it next weekend)

Last edited:

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Some years ago I won a raffle price, 2000 sachets of Auto Glym super resin polish. I think I've used maybe three of them. I suspect my grandchildren will be thinking of ways to get shot of this lot.

When I had company cars the rules requires I cleaned the car regularly. I diligently washed and hoovered each car after three years before handing it back whether it needed it or not

I've kept up the same regular washes with my own car which I've had for about twelve years. Probably due for another wash soon

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
When I had company cars the rules requires I cleaned the car regularly. I diligently washed and hoovered each car after three years before handing it back whether it needed it or not

I've kept up the same regular washes with my own car which I've had for about twelve years. Probably due for another wash soon

Yup. My company car gets washed at every service anyway.

numbnuts

Legendary Member
My body :laugh: .....so far so good

Jameshow

Veteran
Stanley and record planes?
Multico morticer
Naerok table saw and pillar drill.

Bikes probably even carbon ones!!!🍿🍿

Things that doubt will outlast me?
Transit van,
16 spoke wheels!
The wife!!

Badger_Boom

Über Member
A few items off the top of my head:
  • A 1942 dated British Army entrenching tool.
  • A Marshaltown pointing trowel used for archaeology. I think I've had it at least 25 years and there's loads of wear left on it yet (unlike the several British-made WHS trowels I've worn out over the years). We also have a lot of old tools, many of which are already older then the two of us put together, and should easily outlast us.
  • The bespoke suit I inherited from my father in law which was made in 1966. My Cordings covert coat may run it a close second.

stephec

Legendary Member

Yup. My company car gets washed at every service anyway.
Same here. 😂

Top Bottom