What have you got that will 'see you out'?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I forgot the pilchards.

My Stanley #4 planes:

plane.jpg

Made between 1950-1970, one belonged to my Grandad, the other bought on Ebay from a local wood plane enthusiast. With care they'll both be around a long time, along with most of my woodworking tools...

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
My Stanley #4 planes:

View attachment 546626

Made between 1950-1970, one belonged to my Grandad, the other bought on Ebay from a local wood plane enthusiast. With care they'll both be around a long time, along with most of my woodworking tools...

A plane left lying on its blade face?

Shockingly bad treatment of a quality tool.

Always, always, leave a plane lying on its side.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
A couple of watches - my Alpina feels (and weighs) like it's carved from a solid steel billet and I rarely have occasion to wear the Heuer.

Like @tyred I have a couple of Zenit 35mm SLR cameras which will probably last for ever. When I bought the first one I was told not to worry about dropping it, as the only thing likely to get damaged was the floor...

And judging by the amount of riding time I've gotten in recently, my bikes too.

A plane left lying on its blade face?

Shockingly bad treatment of a quality tool.

Always, always, leave a plane lying on its side.

It was for a picture of a plane for a blog post: (Edit): the plane was photographed halfway through planing a piece of wood, hence the shavings visible.

When stored all my planes sit with the blade raised above the bench, usually over the trench at the back of the typical German workbench.

Last edited:

postman

Legendary Member
I bought a Carradice saddle bag 5 years ago. It hasn't seen much action in the last 2 years and with them supposedly being 'the best' i think it'll be around for many decades. I haven't opened the bag for quite a while. I just hope i didn't leave some sandwiches in there the last time i used it!:whistle:

View attachment 546567
Is it just me or can anyone see a really sad face there.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
That's a beauty, I keep looking at 1930s clocks but haven't pulled the trigger on one yet.
The clock was made in the early/mid 1950's with a 1930's art deco look. Apparently,there was an art deco revival in the 1950's. I let it run down sometimes just to let me have a break from the loud 'boings'/chimes. A midday or midnight 12 'boing' chime takes approximately 1 minute 10 seconds. Bloody annoying when you're trying to talk to someone on the phone,or listen to summat on the radio!!:laugh:

Edit....Just remembered. To have less decibels you can move the little hammer in the back/mechanism slightly,so that it doesn't completely hit the coiled spring type thing that makes the 'boings'.

Last edited:
Top Bottom