what have you learnt today !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

colly

Re member eR
I learned that Jerk Tuna is even better with a dribble of soy sauce on it.

Jerk Tuna?

marafi

Rolling down the hills with the bike.
Being native does not always help when listening to people's problem. A shame but seriously i did not know what the person what talking about. For the words they have used were slang. Even when i tried to repeat it. They could not stop laughing, which im sure helps them feel abit better throughout the day.

GrasB

Veteran
When you're a quick cyclist you can cycle into work after recovering from a cold with little effort at only to find 4 hours latter you can barely stand.... *thud*... sorry you can't stand

Pottsy

I've learned that virtually everyone in a business environment is out for themselves and doesn't care about anyone else. I've learned this loads of times before hence it's annoying that it still disappoints me and catches me out occasionally.

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.
That my tv is a HD tv and watching HD channels is a good idea ....bought it 2 years ago.

Night Train

Maker of Things
I've learned that virtually everyone in a business environment is out for themselves and doesn't care about anyone else. I've learned this loads of times before hence it's annoying that it still disappoints me and catches me out occasionally.
I remember one particular manager who told me that two of my greatest assests that she appreciated in me at work was my integrity and my loyalty but also warned me that my biggest failing was that I assumed everyone else was likewise.

I have re-learned that it is wise, when fitting a floodlight up a tall ladder when you are scared of heights, to check the light actually works and is correctly assembled while it is still on the ground. It would have been much easier then trying to fiddle with it and fix it balanced on a ladder in the wind!

brokenflipflop

Veteran
I've learned that when your children grow up and leave, you sit down and watch a TV programme and your mind wanders a bit and it dawns on you that the happiest time of your life was when your children were little, individual, bright-eyed, bushy-tailed and sweet and no matter what, you're never going to be quite as happy as that ever again.:cry:

Top Bottom