What house chores do you like / dislike doing ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brandane

Legendary Member
I did that for a while. Not just to give the 'sorry i didn't hear you knocking over my vacuum cleaner noise':whistle:,but also to encourage me to clean up,as getting the machine out of the cupboard i keep it in is as tedious ans the cleaning itself!:tired:
It would also be a good cover story for your man about the house style of dressing, @Accy cyclist .
"Honestly Vicar, I was just about to hoover like Freddie used to". :okay:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I'm going to vacuum clean and dust later. I hate doing it,but looking at my carpet and dust covered drawers,I can't put it off any longer! :sad:

I've just taken these pics. Notice I could write my CC name in the dust!! :blush:

Last edited:
The trick is to leave the vacuum cleaner in the hallway, so that the unexpected visitor thinks they have interrupted you just as you were about to start the housework.

In certain parts of Japan, when the host wanted guests to leave they would traditionally place a broom by the door with the bristles pointing up as a hint that it was time to go...

I like doing the dishwasher, don’t mind emptying the bin and doing the recycling piles.

I also don’t mind hoovering but get highly annoyed when my other does it and leaves the shark vacuum out with the lead on the floor.

I couldn’t care for dusting for clothes washing but I make sure to do both or else I would be sneezing and I’d have nothing to wear.

There is nothing I hate particularly.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I skived off cleaning up as i intended to do today by spending the afternoon in my next door neighbour's doing absolutely feck all! I knew i'd been bad,so on returning home i decided to dust,clean my fridge out, (washing the shelves etc) ,putting my beer bottles and stuff in the recycling and now i feel :wahhey:! Hopefully i can vacuum my carpets tomorrow and then that'll be it for another month.

Last edited:

Drago

Legendary Member
Putting the shopping away, its a hateful chore.

gbb

Legendary Member
We share the daily duties here, i always make the beds, do the bathroom, dusting ie all of upstairs each morning.
I will happily do anything, laundry, ironing, spring clean cupboards, rooms, cooking, doesnt bother me at all.

Top Bottom