What I like about Cycle Chat.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
... but you'd never heard of Otlieb panniers 4 years ago and they will last so much longer, you won't need to buy any panniers again (well, for a long time, anyway ...), so that's a saving, yes ? :scratch:

ScotiaLass

Guru
I met a lovely lady in person, @Pat "5mph" who gave me the confidence to start a Belles group and subsequently pass my Cycle Ride Leader Course. I have learned how to fix bike things; changed tyres, tubes, indexed gears (maybe not so successfully!), fitted new brake pads, etc.
I've laughed, I've cried and there have people here who have held me up when I needed it, @welsh dragon :smile:

Most who know me, know I have Aspergers and I'd like to thank you for not judging that, but for seeing me for the person I am.
I thank you!

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
I met a lovely lady in person, @Pat "5mph" who gave me the confidence to start a Belles group and subsequently pass my Cycle Ride Leader Course. I have learned how to fix bike things; changed tyres, tubes, indexed gears (maybe not so successfully!), fitted new brake pads, etc.
I've laughed, I've cried and there have people here who have held me up when I needed it, @welsh dragon :smile:

Most who know me, know I have Aspergers and I'd like to thank you for not judging that, but for seeing me for the person I am.
I thank you!

Anytime @ScotiaLass. :hugs:

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Without CycleChat I wouldn't have met @Pat "5mph" - and well you know...

How much easier would my life have been? :laugh:
Yeahbut ... I rescued you in Perth :laugh:
Well, the random guy I passed my mobile to did rescue you :laugh:
We have created CCEcosse history :becool:

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I like it because you can write totally bogus reviews about almost any crap thing, with the sure knowledge that 2 weeks later someone will be posting photos on here saying how great it is :0)

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
what do i like about cycle chat ?

well the banter is good and enjoyable to read and join in .

its nice to hear other people views on things in general

its great to see other peoples projects and ideas

it has also introduced many members to me who i have done business with either buying or selling

all of the above plus much more so lets keep it going for much longer please

IDMark2

Dodgy Aerial
I found CC an inspirational place to come and read stuff when I was just wanting to be able to cycle again, a help when I joined and was finally cycling again after my stroke, a reason to cycle, enjoy it, take pictures, share stories on the Your Ride Today which in turn motivated me to get out and do some more. Writing for those posts grew into writing for a blog and then other writing avenues opened up.

I must admit that I come on for the social and some fun now rather than needing any advice but I know where to turn should I need any help of that sort.

YouTube! (No, not really, that may be the simple answer sometimes but a lot of help here can help avoid traps already sprung by others)

Keep it fun and friendly :okay:

TVC

As several above, the best bit is the real people I have come to know, and a few I have become proper friends with.
Here as across the internet there are those who give a little of themselves, publish photos, let you see their lives, expose some of their vunerabilities. These are the people I am drawn to and want to make part of my life. On the other hand, some hide behind the anonymity a forum gives you, fabricate, lie and provoke. Rather than responding I have learned to tune these fakes out. This is a skill CC has taught me that I apply in real life to those who come with unhealthy agendas.

Top Bottom