What I like about Cycle Chat.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TVC

There is, its called Iceland.

A country twice the size of the UK with a population that is half the size of the M25 (on a quiet day).

You can ignore everyone for a lifetime up there.
I've been, it is rather good.

I have this thing I look for when out walking, I try to find my own square mile. There are a couple of places in the Peak District where you get a good all round view and you are away from roads and paths. It is very relaxing to sit down, listen to the skylarks and know that no bugger is going to disturb you.

jonny jeez

Legendary Member

I have this thing I look for when out walking, I try to find my own square mile. There are a couple of places in the Peak District where you get a good all round view and you are away from roads and paths. It is very relaxing to sit down, listen to the skylarks and know that no bugger is going to disturb you.
My dad and I used to do the same. We hiked to some pretty remote spots and always found it amazing that there wasn't a soul around for miles...until you looked up and saw a airliner...every time!

I too have learnt a lot on here, especially that @vernon is a pie maker supremo, @User14044 owns the Oyster Bay Vineyard in New Zealand,@The Velvet Curtain can sew and make furry animals and @potsy has been seen on a bike @hopless500 told me.

Seriously i have learnt lots even on the arguement thread and i have met some great friends on here.

Can't imagine life without you all:cry:

Argument thread? Is that free or do you have to pay? :laugh::laugh:

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
I've learned all sorts such as the benefits of putting a new tyre in the oven to make it easier to fit .
But how do you do that when you are 20 miles from home ?? :smile:

mustang1

Legendary Member
When someone creates the worst post of 2016 thread, I was going to nominate one of mine, but I think this one substantially tops it.

Just kidding, good post. How much did you get paid for it? :smile:

raleighnut

Legendary Member

I once walked the Calderwent path from Penistone down to Ladybower in the Peak District, stopped and put the tent up just before the start of the reservoir and I'm pretty sure there wasn't a building/road within 5 miles of where I camped. Beautiful night. :becool:
OK its not as 'wild' as you can get in the Highlands but well out of the way nonetheless.

Reactions: TVC
Top Bottom