what is a cyclist and................Are you a cyclist?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kiriyama

I suppose I'm a cyclist because people i know who don't cycle call me a cyclist. I'm well known for it.

Same thing as being cool. You don't call yourself cool... people just know:becool:

dont need to pay money to the man for a lable :biggrin:

JtB

Prepare a way for the Lord
I've not put away the Turbo Trainer and taken the bike out on the road yet this year so I guess that disqualifies me according to many people's definition of "cyclist".

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Car ownership has nothing to do with it.
I suppose you could get away with one of these.
s-l500.jpg

Wiggins is prone to sweeping statements of this sort. I remember him telling everyone to wear a helmet, not long after he took his off to ride around looking for his son after the Olympics time-trial. I am sure he means well, but in terms of media training he is definitely D-. All part of his charm for me.

Well, if you are called a mamil, suck it up. I bet no one has ever leant out a window to shout "MAMIL" at you. Bitch, slut, whore, daffodil are all insults, and get shouted at strangers. People on CC are perfectly happy to call someone chav or pikey, which are also much worse than mamil.
The term MAMIL is used to dissuade middle aged men from taking part in a healthy exercise. If there was an equivalent term to dissuade middle aged women from the same the indignation of the Internet feminists would be loud and strident. But as it's only men that are being targeted we're supposed to 'suck it up'.

OP
OP
S

steve50

Disenchanted Member
The term MAMIL is used to dissuade middle aged men from taking part in a healthy exercise. If there was an equivalent term to dissuade middle aged women from the same the indignation of the Internet feminists would be loud and strident. But as it's only men that are being targeted we're supposed to 'suck it up'.
Ah, but we are men of a certain calibre, strong, athletic, determined cyclists so mere name calling is water off a ducks back .........yes?
besides, i am usually generating too much wind noise (oo'er mrs) as i pedal along the roads to hear any name calling ^_^

Top Bottom