what is going on here with these two bike saddle companies?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
What ****es me off is I was trying to avoid this exact defective design by buying from different company. And to top it off I had to pay 10$ more with no light for the same defective piece of trash sold by another company!

Yes I am taking it back They probably won't allow me to get my money back with the paint scraped a little on the rail where the post holds it.(1)

I am trying to get some facts straight, before reporting this issue, if it is one, to the federal trade commission here in the USA.(2)
(1) I wouldn't take it back, if the person who bought it had damaged it, and admitted to it to others.
(2) http://www.ftc.gov/os/caselist/1210120/130103googlemotorolacmpt.pdf
Paragraph 2 of Nature of the case.

classic33

Leg End Member
Yes, although the products produced through Badge Engineering were not sold as the vehicle of a competitor:

Rolls-Royce Silver Shadow and Bentley T
Morris 1100, Austin 1100, Wolseley 1100, Princess Vanden Plas 1100, MG 1100 et al...
Jaguar XJ 6 and XJ12 as opposed to Daimler Sovereign and Double Six.
Most of the US output of GM, Chrysler and Ford divisions for decades.
The list is almost endless.

These days, things have taken a more sinister tone. Rivals and competitors are sharing platforms. Not just those within (for example) Volkswagen Group or PSA or Fiat Group, whom we know to be under large umbrellas, but rivals from completely different (and competing) corporate bodies.

The Ford Ka is a Fiat Panda under the skin.

The Opel Corsa has much in common with the Fiat Punto.

These recent trends are more akin to the sort of thing the OP is drawing to our attention and he is right to be concerned.

A secret organisation uses its foul practices to attract the senior managers of large corporations into its evil web of intrigue and world domination. It has existed for over 65 years and it is getting stronger by the day.

The saddle issue that the OP notices (for which well done, by the way) is just one more example of the devious and evil methods of this dark cabal whose name we dare not mention.

They now dominate the tobacco industry, the cheesecake industry, ice-cream, gin distilleries, fast-food outlets, the production of rubber grommets to soften the door-closing action on medium-priced family cars... Even budget coffees are in their toxic grasp.

Their web of evil extends across the globe.

I, for one, will be buying no more bicycle saddles. These people must be stopped. Ride standing up!
http://conspiracy.wikia.com/wiki/Light_bulb_conspiracy
And you thought you were joking.

Globalti

Legendary Member
I can almost beleive the light bulb conspiracy.... there'd be no point in selling millions of eternal light bulbs then finding that one day the orders had dried up beause everybody's light bulbs were doing the job.

redcard

Veteran
Also McDonald's. Burgers are sized so 1 is never quite enough, and to get a proper large fries you've gotta buy 2 large fries.

Is it just me, or have people noticed that matches these days are all single-use?

I see dark forces at work.

Or I would if I had any more matches....

classic33

Leg End Member
Is it just me, or have people noticed that matches these days are all single-use?

I see dark forces at work.

Or I would if I had any more matches....
You can even read about them
http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=dark-forces-at-work

provide you've enough matches

classic33

Leg End Member
I think Eric is uncertain if he wants to come back & let us know what he intends to do about the saddle.

Top Bottom