''What is that bike?!''

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

J1888

Über Member
That's what I thought to myself when I saw an unfamiliar looking bike in the bike storage at work this morning.

A brand/model I'd never heard of, so I went on Google and saw that it's this:

http://www.tesco.com/direct/vertigo-piccadilly-700c-14-speed-shimano-road-bike/211-7006.prd

£150!!! Didn't know you could get a road bike so cheap.

Now, I'm sure the experts on here will say that it's not a good bike, it looked good for the price!

No, I'm not buying one.

Curious though, anyone ridden one of these?

winjim

Smash the cistern
Flash sale, it's £125 for the next half hour!

Still wouldn't.

JMAG

Über Member
Seems we missed the bargain offer. One reviewer says "Fancied a road bike so for £60 I thought worth a gamble." And another says "seems ok for the price paid, which with discount and vouchers came in at under £45 a bargain!"

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Just did a quick look at the piccies, cheap brakes like on my sons bso kiddy bike hes grown out of, and they were useless even for a 4 year olds weight in the dry .
Seriously without being a snob if this your price point second hand would be a better option.

KneesUp

Guru
Seriously without being a snob if this your price point second hand would be a better option.

Regardless of your price point, unless you are getting a bespoke bike, second hand is a better option - it's just some people are "snobs" and want shiny new things :smile:

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
The name is spot on, because it made me feel nauseous looking at it.

2nd hand every time for that money.

Top Bottom