What is the biggest moment of success in your life?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Smudge

Veteran
Beating all my contemporaries to the egg, from then on it all went downhill. A life of shattered hopes and dreams leaving me a broken shell of a man.
Still. onwards and upwards eh.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Being born, and having a life at all, let alone, a healthy one, in a rich country, at a time of relative stability, in a time mostly free of disease, is a wonderous thing. It's so highly improbable that these things should happen, that's it's hard to beat the success of being alive, everything else is window dressing.

You’re a glass half full sort of person ain’t ya?

Milzy

Guru
Being born, and having a life at all, let alone, a healthy one, in a rich country, at a time of relative stability, in a time mostly free of disease, is a wonderous thing. It's so highly improbable that these things should happen, that's it's hard to beat the success of being alive, everything else is window dressing.
Exactly. I know of a guy who’s a director of 5 companies & he physically & mentally abuses his wife & screams at his 3 year old girl. Not to mention leaving bags of cocaine around the house. Has he got a lot of money? Yes. Is he a success in life? Probably not.

wheresthetorch

Dreaming of Celeste
Exactly. I know of a guy who’s a director of 5 companies & he physically & mentally abuses his wife & screams at his 3 year old girl. Not to mention leaving bags of cocaine around the house. Has he got a lot of money? Yes. Is he a success in life? Probably not.

Have you contacted Children's Services? Seriously.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
This may sound weird to some ^_^
Years ago, I was moving from a flat with many memories.
Among those memories, was the planting (not by me) of a grape vine that came from Cyprus, that successfully adapted to Scotland outdoors.
I had no gardening experience whatsoever, really wanted an offspring of that vine in my new garden, so I read about how to do it, took a few cuttings, well took a lot of cuttings just in case.
I succeeded, the plant is well established, has survived many snow storms to date.

Last edited:
Top Bottom