What is the biggest moment of success in your life?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Slick

Guru
This may sound weird to some ^_^
Years ago, I was moving from a flat with many memories.
Among those memories, was the planting (not by me) of a grape vine that came from Cyprus, that successfully adapted to Scotland outdoors.
I had no gardening experience whatsoever, really wanted an offspring of that vine in my new garden, so I read about how to do it, took a few cuttings, well took a lot of cuttings just in case.
I succeeded, the plant is well established, has survived many snow storms to date.
Not weird at all Pat, I totally get that. :thumbsup:

Vantage

Carbon fibre... LMAO!!!
When the judge said the kids were to remain in my custody.
Best.
Day.
Ever.

^_^

TRADING IN THE NEW MODEL FOR THE OLD MODEL!!!! :laugh::dance:

First wife was a year younger than I. Real work of art. I ended up with custody of my 2 daughters then met my new (then wife) 3 years later who was almost a year older than I am.

We both lived healthy lives, good habits, healthy lifestyle, and now the older wife looks 20 years younger than the younger wife.

32 years together, she can ride her bike 100 miles. She can ride her bike up 5,000 ft gain, and she looks much much better than the one I turned in. Best mover EVAH!

Never looked back!

Looking much younger than the young model.

01.jpg

Ride 100 miles

02.jpg

Much healthier and happy than young model

03.JPG

Climbed 5,000 ft on her bike

04.jpg

Much easier to get along with and she's willing to keep her man happy, I deserve it! :wahhey:

05.JPG

rugby bloke

Veteran
Last Thursday was pretty amazing ...
1. Found out my eldest son had been awarded a First Class Masters Degree in Aerospace Engineering.
2. My daughter went to her school prom and I realized what a vibrant, confident young woman she is growing up to be:

upload_2019-7-1_8-52-23.png

As parents you always want your children to grow better than you and it was one of those days when you think you might be achieving it !

classic33

Leg End Member
A few "Forrest Gump's mixed with a few "Smokey and the Bandit's". Not one "Bigggest Success".
Never-.jpg

rugby bloke

Veteran
A few "Forrest Gump's mixed with a few "Smokey and the Bandit's". Not one "Bigggest Success".
View attachment 473502
Epilepsy can send you down unexpected life paths. I was diagnosed in my mid 40s and could not drive for 4 years. Before then my trusty old BSO had sat unused in the garage and over night it became my sole means of personal transport. It started a love for cycling which has been maintained to this day.
It is something we live with, its not something we suffer from. Stay strong !

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
I would consider two, both of which would be to society in general.
From an unpromising start, to a career which subsequently led to hundreds of £m being recovered and/or prevented from being lost, to the Treasury.
Whilst out for a meal last night with Mrs B and child 2 and the latter saying that the role models Mrs B and I had shown for her upbringing and that of child 1, would be the ones she would adopt, (as her older sister has already with her own family) were she to have children. Makes you feel you done have something right, even if much of the time, at least for the first one, you were learning on the job.

Top Bottom