What is the biggest moment of success in your life?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
The first one was indeed a model, albeit before I got lumbered with her. Not glamour as such, underwear clad for calendars and things. The transition from that to company director didn't seem a natural one to me, but she pulled it off.
Both models then. 20190630_110238.jpg
This is my younger model as we chill this morning.
Married 51 years and she is still my young bit of stuff ^_^

gbb

Legendary Member
Looking back, I've been a go with the flow kind of person, never really pushed myself but at 40 a career change meant I had to push myself incredibly hard and within maybe 3 years was travelling to countries like Cyprus, Egypt, Spain, Urugauy...some of them twice a year, something I could never have believed a few years earlier. Hard at first but very worthwhile experiences you began to look forward to.

Spending as much time as I could with the kids when they were young and I'm proud when they still tell us how much they enjoyed those touring caravan holidays, simple, cheap(ish) and very memorable.

Looking forward, seeing our 14 yo granddaughter blossoming, shes going to inherit the world so's to speak, she is Incredible. Our family is very stable, perhaps that's given her a solid base to work from.

If it wasnt obvious, my proudest moments are mostly family related.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Getting knocked off my motorbike by a total dick. It broke both my arms and right leg. I was a police officer on duty and was looked after very well by the police. After 2 years the drivers insurance company had a very hefty claim to pay as I was medically retired from the force. I now get a combined Police/military pension for life. In fact I have recieved it since 1991. It has given me a good lifestyle and financial security, The end outcome was worth it.

Last edited:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Eh? She was a model, and she was 10 years younger!
Oh right. I thought you meant model as in car.;)

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
I had a crap upbringing (violent, abusive & alcoholic father), missed a load of education time following being beaten up and/or being awake most of the night while parents were rowing or fighting.

Got three A's at A level (no stars back then) despite the missed lessons.

Eschewed University as a waste of time against much advice and basically went and did it my way.

Eventually I gravitated to Director level in a number of organisations and achieved financial independence at a relatively young age.

***k you to my poor excuse of a (long dead) father who I hated with a passion.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Good question @Drago. Been thinking but I cannot id just one thing.
When my daughter was born is high on the list.
Like @gbb i had a good job that took me all round the UK and Europe plus a fabulous spell in Israel.
I then ran my own company which gave me a financial cushion.
Parachute jump is a great memory.
Watching Istanbul in 2005.
Really lots of goooood memories (and some sh*tty ones).

Top Bottom