What is the fastest speed you have cycled ??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
40-something-I-can't-remember, on one of the rolling bits on the Dun Run in 2010. Because I was on the back of a (sturdy and somewhat well-loaded with panniers, my really rather hefty self stoking and a pilot who outweighed me, just) tandem with no access to the brakes and therefore had no control over descending speeds....

rugby bloke

Veteran
A fairly pity full 35 mph. The hills around here are lumpy rather than long, so I usually run out of hill before I can reach a respectable speed. Going to have to visit somewhere with some proper long descents.

Rupie

Über Member
My fastest down hill is 49.4mph down Fish Hill, in the cotswolds. I do have a randon set of 4 rides where i broke the 1500mph barrier, but i'm sure thats not correct.

As for speed on the flat, I can manage a constant of at least 36mph on the sprint home into my village. There is a hump bridge about 2 miles out and the road is just very so slightly down, you can't tell if you walk the pavement but it just gives a great advantage over the two miles, and the prevailing SW wind does nothing but help more.

classic33

Leg End Member
A fairly pity full 35 mph. The hills around here are lumpy rather than long, so I usually run out of hill before I can reach a respectable speed. Going to have to visit somewhere with some proper long descents.
Can get that going down the nearby main road, freewheeling. We've a few long un's you could try!

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
48 (point something) on a very long steep road section.

Not bad on a GT Avalanche.

Couldn't possibly go any faster as my legs were spinning out - even with a 48t big-ring

Top Bottom