What is the fastest speed you have cycled ??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

al3xsh

Über Member
52.1 mph today! Lovely straight hill I can pretty much see the bottom of.

Screenshot_20170730-180805.png

(KOM top speed is over 60 ...) :eek:

A

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
A new best for me of 44.3mph, coming down Farnley Park into the Wharfe Valley.

I think I could have gone a bit faster as it didn't feel like the 52/11 was spinning out, but there wasn't enough road left ;)
Hydraulic discs = good

Cronorider

Well my fastest recorded speed is 61.8 mph, but in my younger pre-computer days I can think of times where I may have topped that

lazyfatgit

Reached 84kph down Waterloo in the days before strava. Hit over 80 several times. It's a nice long decent where I could go faster with a bigger gear.
The descent of Gibraltar range is more exhilarating as there's lots of bends. I've touched 70 kph down there.

Cronorider

What sort of hefty descent are we talking about, to top 61.8mph?

Very impressive!

Touring in the King mountain range of California, I was riding secondary roads with signage saying, "NO TRUCKS OR TRAILERS ALLOWED", due to the pitch. Grades are labeled up to twenty percent on these hills and they are extremely fast going down.

Last edited:

bpsmith

Veteran
Touring in the King mountain range of California, I was riding secondary roads with signage saying, "NO TRUCKS OR TRAILERS ALLOWED", due to the pitch. Grades are labeled up to twenty percent on these hills and they are extremely fast going down.
Nice long steep descents then. Lovely!

macky

54mph down hill. Had to slow as a car pulled out. Keep meaning to go back and try again but I'd have to cycle up the hill afterwards

Con

Über Member
Oh the irony went through all my Strava results and the fastest I went was on a slow ride/pub crawl with the wife I think all the beer must of made me brave. Ps it was down a verrrrry steep bank I just didn't touch the brakes

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170814-222918.png
    Screenshot_20170814-222918.png
    34.9 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:
Top Bottom