What is the most cringey thing you have ever done??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tyred

Legendary Member
I once spent a good few minutes on a tea break slating the owner of the firm i worked for with the new boy labourer who was helping out in the holidays. Only for him to announce i was talking about his Dad :headshake:

I did that sort of. Where I used to work, I had a horrible cow as a supervisor and on a cigarette break, I was telling the new guy I was training to watch her, and it turned out he was her brother:blush:

He agreed with my opinion of her :rolleyes:

Many years ago I got a job of photographing a retired army general. Taking the photographs in his office I couldn't help but notice many cactii. I remarked that he must like these plants to have so many. When I got back and told my wife (a keen plant grower) she thought it highly amusing. General Sir Oliver Leese at the time was one of the worlds leading authorities on cactus and cactus growing.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
Not me but a cringeworthy one from my Mrs:
Shopping in Leeds one afternoon a loooooong time ago she was waiting at a bus stop on Briggate in the days when buses actually ran where you needed them to. She was half sitting half leaning on a metal hand rail that ran around the bus stop she felt the need to break wind. A quick glance around revealed no one close by but a small group at the other end of the long bus stop. Safe then to let rip.
However letting rip produced much more of an expulsion of gas than she expected added to which the rail she was sat against amplified the sound such a degree that the rail reverberated loudly in tune. She glance and everyone at the far end of the stop turned and looked at her.
They got on the same bus and for 20 mins she had to endure their sniggers and jokey raspberry sounds.

Our old school plastic chairs had that effect. Towards the end of an exam we'd have trumping contests. The seat backs would reverberate and trumpetise the merest parp into a trombonetastic chuff of Petomanic proportions !

Paul.G.

Just a bloke on a bike!
Long time ago when I was an apprentice mechanic I fixed a puncture on a girl from the office next door's Honda Express (remember them?) anyway, I was fooling around with the other lads in the garage and being as the girl was quite fit, I bent over and pretended to "sniff the saddle" just as she walked in to collect her bike. For some reason she never asked for her bike fixing again and if your out there, I'm very very sorry!

Baggy

Cake connoisseur
Many years ago I got a job of photographing a retired army general. Taking the photographs in his office I couldn't help but notice many cactii. I remarked that he must like these plants to have so many. When I got back and told my wife (a keen plant grower) she thought it highly amusing. General Sir Oliver Leese at the time was one of the worlds leading authorities on cactus and cactus growing.
I've got one of his books somewhere!

ayceejay

Guru
Maybe a bit late for the show but beat this:
I was recently divorced and living in one room in a woman's house until I got back on my feet.I came in from work one evening and there was a saucepan boiling away on the stove. My wife had always accused me of never noticing stuff and not praising her or saying "I love you" , and as I wanted to make a good impression I said "Hmnn, that smells good" as I walked in. "Oh, that yes" she said. "I have a yeast infection and my doctor advised me to boil my knickers."

OP
OP
M

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Maybe a bit late for the show but beat this:
I was recently divorced and living in one room in a woman's house until I got back on my feet.I came in from work one evening and there was a saucepan boiling away on the stove. My wife had always accused me of never noticing stuff and not praising her or saying "I love you" , and as I wanted to make a good impression I said "Hmnn, that smells good" as I walked in. "Oh, that yes" she said. "I have a yeast infection and my doctor advised me to boil my knickers."

:rofl:

I've had a yeast infection in the past but the Doctor just gave me a cream to apply! :blush:

Herbie

Veteran
not me ,A, friend of mine looked at his GF,s mobile to find that she was meeting some guy off the internet he sent a text back saying her boyfriend was coming out of nick after serving 3 years for GBH and could meet up later!! Needless to say he never showed up and my mate dumped all her clothes at her mums house the same evening. , Revenge was sweet also he saved a lot of heartache as they were getting married in 6 months time.

nice one :smile:

Top Bottom