What is the most stupid thing you have ever done?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gary r

Guru
water ski ing only wearing a pair of swimming shorts,fell over & it felt like a gallon of water shot up my peanut!!!felt like i had been abused by a pressure cleaner afterwards!

yenrod

> What is the most stupid thing you have ever done?

Well I could tell you about before; on a ride and getting pissed all over big-time so I decided to make my presence known by riding out in the middle of the road...only thing was: I jumped a red (nowt coming from the right) only to have another red in front (which was the main reason I went thru' the 1st)

Efectively I shortened my wait.

= I got pulled by a police car with not just 1 but 4 police in it...

Police Car driver:

"i understnd what happened to you (getting cut-up) & riding thru' a junc. THEN going thru the red...THAT WAS WRONG"

ME: "sorry Ossifer i apoligise for going thru the red..." further 'discussion' ensued in regards to being cut-up prior to it and that was the reason I rode in the middle of the road - which, for some reason the 'polices' didn't think fit for my wellbeing/safety - I disagreed with him on that one - he pointed out he rode himself..(big deal, i thought - wonder what he does when he gets pissed all over by car drivers :laugh: )

Anyhow it ended in a near farce again by him saying - you can go, so I replied: who's going 1st you or me as your bigger (as in his vehicle) and in respects of my safety, I pointed out if I go 1st you can cover me for safety's sake...at this point he thought I was being 'cheeky' and things seemed to get very serious to which I explained further...: if I get hit by a car then I could result in not being around (ie killed) if a car gets hit then they don't...he then said ok I'll go 1st = crazy or what !

Does this mean I took on 4 bizzies and won :sad:

Strange thing was that the 2 police personel in the back seemed embarassed that he was 'questionning me' and got the feeling they would have not bothered with it :thumbsup:

The totally enjoyable thing about it was that the whole road was blocked outside a hospital so I was enjoying the whole thing...he'd pulled me over so all I was doing was defending a cyclists wellbeing: MINE !

Haitch

Flim Flormally
gbb said:
Some numbskull had left a (i assume...i hope) blank cartridge. We found it by chance....and set about trying to set it off.
Wedged it between bricks, hit it with this and that...nothing.

My Dad did this during the war. Clamped the cartridge in a vice and hit the bottom of it with a hammer. It exploded and part of it hit him in the eye. Every cloud has a silver lining: years later his wonky eye meant he failed the medical for national service.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
I once lit a rocket in the kitchen because my son dared me to.

Not one to refuse a dare I lit the fuse thinking that I could douse it in the sink full of cold water that I'd spotted just after the dare was issued.

I duly lit the fuse and enjoyed the look of panic on my son's face - this was no ordinary rocket but one of those big star bursts.

I dunked the rocket in the water and the fuse continued burning - the look of panic was now on my face.

I ran to the back door to throw the rocket out but it was locked and the key wasn't in the lock.

During the lifetime that flashed in front of my eyes - I opened every cupboard door and oven looking for a place to lodge the rocket but the fear of the consequences from my wife was greater than my fear of the injuries from the pyrotechnic. The scene was like one of those Ealing comedies running around in circles desperately hoping for a miracle solution....

In the last few seconds before 'lift off' I found the back door key and managed to release the rocket outside.

It hovered and exploded directly overhead about sixty feet up.

My son was less than complimentary about my intelligence. For once I had to agree with him :angry:

yenrod

Vernon youve just killed me
1.gif

You made my night.

Young Un

gary r said:
water ski ing only wearing a pair of swimming shorts,fell over & it felt like a gallon of water shot up my peanut!!!felt like i had been abused by a pressure cleaner afterwards!

I've done this too:biggrin: but on the plus side you do look pretty damn cool wearing only smimming shorts to water ski, especially if they are the baggy, almost 3/4 ones which most wakeboarders seems to wear:evil:

yenrod

gary r said:

I thought this was called an 'enema'

yenrod

Nuther stupid thing i've done on bike: turned so far around to see a plane in the sky on a quiet country lane that i rode into the hedge that was next to me, to my left, i dont even know how it happened but it was funny.

Sadly no one was around to see it.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Dayvo said:
He should have been well impressed, though! :angry:

He was :smile:

It elevated me to deity status amongst his pals.

What is truly impressive though is that he didn't tell his mother for five years - that's my boy...

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Not nearly as amusing as many of these, but I surely beat them all for sheer stupidity by running over the hover mower lead then picking it up, looking at the exposed copper, consciously thinking 'that's probably live', then prodding it with a finger. Jesus, I thought my arm was going to come off.

postman

Legendary Member
My little story.Had tried to set fire to some rubbish in the garden.

Not working so i emptied a tin of Nitromores paint stripper all over it.
Threw in a light,and got enveloped in a light grey mushroom cloud.No oxygen threw myself backwards onto the lawn.

NUMPTY.

Top Bottom