What is wrong, so very wrong?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Now I thought they might be penis extentions but the 2 I have seen where both being driven by young girls/women/ladies
Boob job?

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
I don't understand the black covers on car bonnets. Seems popular with VWs and BMWs. Is it for looks, or some sort of protection? Whatever the case, they look like the equivalent of a smartly dressed man walking around with a batman mask on.

D

Deleted member 26715

I don't understand the black covers on car bonnets. Seems popular with VWs and BMWs. Is it for looks, or some sort of protection? Whatever the case, they look like the equivalent of a smartly dressed man walking around with a batman mask on.
Bonnet Bra's they are supposed to look cool & protect the bonnet from stone chips, they were originally designed for very cold climates to blank off some of the grille/radiator

The other one i don't understand within the VW scene is the stupid amount of camber on the rear wheels & the dangerous stretching of tyres on wide rims.

gbb

Legendary Member
I was once driving behind a black Golf TDI, you could see it was lowered and had non standard wheels on it, kinda souped up on the cheap....no problem, been there done that as an 18 YO. But then he was weaving around as he drove along...eh, whats this berk doing ?
Then he went round a bend and I realised why...his tyres we SOOOO low profile and the car was lowered SOOOO much, it must have made the drive virtually impossible. I swear he was steering to avoid a piece of gravel in the road it was that bad :laugh:

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Look what this clown's done to his! :smile:

hqdefault.jpg

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
I almost scoffed out loud today. I passed by a newer Mini with.... a spoiler at the back. Now it wasn't a small spoiler, it was humungous great big thing and it wasn't at the lower window level, no, it was almost level with the roof line.

So wrong, so very wrong. I wished I'd been able to take a picture at the time but I was unable to.

Anyway, on the lighter side, what small thing have you seen recently that is so very wrong?
I can't see any reason for a car like a mini to have a spoiler at the lower window level.

MINIs are front wheel drive. That spoiler will take weight off them and reduce traction.

They're also front engine and suffer from a lack of weight at the rear, like most front engine front wheel drive cars. So at speed this could improve the balance and handling of the car.

Then again, these could also be doing it wrong too.
btcc-bsb-650s-0005.jpg

tcr-zhejiang-2017-gabriele-tarquini-brc-racing-team-hyundai-i30-n-tcr.jpg

shredded_wheat_RS_004.jpg

If only they knew their spoilers were reducing the grip and making their cars worse. Maybe their engineers need to read more on the internet :tongue:

wonderloaf

Veteran
I almost scoffed out loud today. I passed by a newer Mini with.... a spoiler at the back. Now it wasn't a small spoiler, it was humungous great big thing and it wasn't at the lower window level, no, it was almost level with the roof line.

So wrong, so very wrong. I wished I'd been able to take a picture at the time but I was unable to.

Anyway, on the lighter side, what small thing have you seen recently that is so very wrong?
Your avatar ... Marmite ....xx(

Chris S

Legendary Member
They're also front engine and suffer from a lack of weight at the rear, like most front engine front wheel drive cars. So at speed this could improve the balance and handling of the car.

Then again, these could also be doing it wrong too.
View attachment 426468

View attachment 426469

View attachment 426470

If only they knew their spoilers were reducing the grip and making their cars worse. Maybe their engineers need to read more on the internet :tongue:

They might be necessary on a race track but not on roads with a 70mph speed limit.

They might be necessary on a race track but not on roads with a 70mph speed limit.

I didn't say it was necessary. Just that your initial statement was flawed. If somebody has done an off the shelf halfords special and bolted it on, it's likely useless at best.

But the person isn't driving a race car, just one dressed up to look like a race car. Like many of buy, or use things, that seem aspirational.

Cyclists that wear race team clothes, cyclists with aero bikes and helmets without an aero body. People that play football in Manchester United kit, people playing rugby with £100 professional level balls. Park runners with ludicrously priced trainers, etc.

It is not an uncommon thing, if they're not harming anybody, no matter how silly it is to others just let them get on with it. Or, if you're going to pick a point about their "thing", at least make sure your point isn't flawed.

Top Bottom