What is wrong with people?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dodgy

More like you want to go faster than your body will currently afford, so you want more power without the bother of insurance, registration and PPE. Boo hoo.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
I think it's time to walk away and ignore the numpty.

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
More like you want to go faster than your body will currently afford, so you want more power without the bother of insurance, registration and PPE. Boo hoo.
I can already go way past 20mph on my legal ebike.....so you quote is untrue, but nice try

Dwn

I'm sure that some cyclists don't like the notion of an unrestricted e-bike being faster than them with less effort. And it's weird to be struggling up a hill, while seeing someone on an e-bike effortlessly (comparatively) going past you.

But that isn't my gripe, not I suspect is it that of many others. While this forum may be full of people who can routinely exceed 25kph average speeds, that just isn't true of the general cycling population. I am very happy to get to that average speed on a longer run and while some people blast past me, mostly (in urban areas) I pass the many leisure and occasional cyclists who make up the majority round here.

Bikes are tolerated in part because they are generally relatively slow, and don't do much damage. A landscape suddenly cluttered with things that look like bikes but travel far faster is a recipe for disaster. The voices calling for mandatory testing and registration would be amplified every time one of these wiped out some child or older person. Change the perception of bikes to speed machine and all of us will suffer. And don't kid yourself that these ebikes will only be acquired by the responsible.

Sure you can go along at breakneck speed in your regular bike, but most can't. Change that to 'most can' and accident rates will soar. Cycling is currently a largely unregulated pleasure - derestricted ebikes will eventually kill that.

jowwy

Chill dude. Theres nothing wrong with frowning upon lawbreakers.
Then don’t moan and put up stupid memes, when your thread turns into an argument

jowwy

Don't turn my threads into arguments then sonny.
Takes two to argue sonny.............you know what your doing drago when you put your posts up, about 95% of them incite argument and then you just walk away and them add the odd pathetic meme at opportune times to ensure the argument keeps going. Then some one else jumps in as it simmers down and it all starts again

Last edited:

jowwy

You could choose to laugh it off, you might find it easier to bond with people that way. As long as there's no *actual* abuse, nobody should need to laugh that off, of course.
Or you could just not post it in the first place.....ever thought of that.

I have no issues with bonding with people in real life or on other forums I am a member of, but for some reason there’s a stream of member on here, that think only their opinion counts and everyone else gotta suck it up buttercup.....

like pale rider posted earlier, it takes two to tango, but only one when gets the abuse when tangoing, cause the other might be a nice old chap, who gives us the odd laugh now and again.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom