Votes: 16 12.2%
  • £500+

Votes: 14 10.7%
  • £250+

Votes: 8 6.1%
  • Less than £250

Votes: 8 6.1%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
However, what mine is worth new and complete is about twice what I paid for the frame and parts. :becool:

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Probably around £1000 if I were to replace it with something of similar quality today.

Not top range by today's standards, but Eddy Merckx and probably even Indurain would have died for it in their day.

MrJamie

Oaf on a Bike
Near enough £500, probably not far off the same in accessories (but not including them) :O

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Difficult one. My Raleigh cost me £250 14 years ago and a good trekking bike with equivalent parts would be about £350 now.

BUT the Raleigh has a cro-moly frame which I'd want to replace like for like and unfortunately isn't generally used for that style of bike any more. The cheapest cro-moly framed bike I'm aware of is the Raleigh Royal at £500 so I'd have to change to drop handle bars.:eek:

dandare

I've just googled my bike. If I was to replace it with a brand new one its £6000. A specialized s-works Roubaix with full Dura Ace kit. Crikey I hope nothing happens to it. I got mine a few years ago,bought all the parts over quite a period and then built it up. The new frame alone is well over a £1000 more than mine cost.

Arch

Married to Night Train
My trike (the model of which is no longer produced, I gather) would have been about £900 retail, I think. I guess if I wanted to replace the Galaxy with a new bike, that would cost a bit, but I only paid £15 for mine. My Brom is probably my second most valuable machine in monetary terms.

However, define 'best'... Most expensive, or most useful, or most comfortable or most miles covered in happiest trips?

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
I can't walk in to a shop and buy a 'proper' Orange P7 any more as they're discontinued, they do have the modern version with silly disc brakes, suspension forks and an ugly reworked frame geometry for about a grand, or the Pure7 for a bit less... but I could pick up a 2nd hand 'proper' P7 for about £250 on Ebay.

£1,500+

CAAD 10 105 (ca £1,170) with upgraded Mavic Ksyrium Elite clincher wheelset (ca £427).

Can't imagine I'd need/want a more expensive road bike (although I'd love to get an Eddy Merckx one day), but I do like the Santos Travelmaster 2.8 for (at least) £2,675.

Top Bottom