What is your favourite word?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I used to spend a lot of time driving hither and thither with my (then) young son and he invented a word which has stuck fast.

'Quandoshebetty'

It was an exclamation used on seeing a little bit of skirt or coat etc sandwiched between a car door and frame - typically a sari. Getting dirty, wet and flapping away as the car made its journey...

'Dough' is a word that takes some beating

porteous

Veteran
Twonk

Means anything I want it to - usually what I call my teen when he has done something daft.

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
Lull. Far too much of the letter "l" in proportion to the rest of the word. Which is good.
Indivisibility. 6 (count them) i's. Almost as many as a spider.
'A'a. Type of lava flow, and so much easier to spell (but not walk on) than pahoeheo . Why learn the alphabet when you can construct two words from the first letter?

Maizie

Veteran
Pulchritudinous. It means beautiful, but it doesn't sound like it. You go up to someone and tell them they look absolutely pulchritudinous, you'd more likely get a slap in the face than anything else.

Quincunx is a good word as well (not least if you get it in Scrabble). It means an arrangement of five things so four make a square and the fifth is in the middle. Like the five dots usually are on dice. Originally applied to trees planted in that pattern, extended to use for anything in that pattern...

User76 said:
and what does it mean?

Mine is 'contemporaenous'- existing or occuring at the same time.

you said 'aenous'! :laugh:

Top Bottom