What is your memory like for faces?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gbb

Legendary Member
I can always recognise my dogs poo when I'm out, I've got a good memory for......ooooh sorry, you said faces, not faeces. ^_^

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Try the old ploy of "Excuse me but my friend says he had his first ever kiss with you... " etc and see how she answers.
In my late 40s I spoke to a woman at a funeral. She was someone that I hadn't seen since we were teenagers...

She had a 'thing' going with a friend of mine back then. I had arranged to meet them in the local park and I took a shortcut down a secluded path through a patch of bushes, walked round the corner and stumbled across them bonking like rabbits! I apologised and continued to the meeting place. They turned up about 15 minutes later, dishevelled and grinning.

There I was, over 30 years on, trying to think of something to say...

Me: "It is ages since I last spoke to you. It must have been, er, oh - never mind!"

Her: "No, go on - what were you going to say?"

Me: "Well, sorry, but I was going to say that the last time I spoke to you was that time I interrupted you and xxxx having sex in the bushes near the park!"

She flushed, hesitated, stared down and mumbled that she had NEVER had sex with him! :whistle:

I thought that perhaps I'd had one of my famous memory lapses. 'xxxx' was also at the funeral so I wandered over to him to check. Sure enough, he remembered me catching them in flagrante delicto! :laugh:

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
Faces and names, I am crap at. However sounds and voices in particular, I recognise immediately. Sometimes much to Mrs B's surprise, even after knowing me for over 40 years.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
How about this. There's a bloke who goes down my local pub for the quiz on a Wednesday night. I asked him the other week,after hearing his accent,where he was from. I couldn't work it out as it sounded a bit 'American'. He told me that he was from somewhere (can't remember where) in southern Ireland. Last night i had to tell him that he had a resemblance to John F Kennedy and that i hoped he wasn't insulted or anything like that. He smiled then told me that he was a very distant relative of that family. Was he used to people saying that to him and he always replies like so,i don't know, but he looks so much like him.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
PS The obvious joke would be "I have a crap memory for faeces"! :smile:

Excellent I can remember the faces of all my daughters even in a crowded shopping centre, when I am trying to hide from them. Alas they can recognize mine at a great distance even the back of my head.

Reactions: gbb
Top Bottom