What is your memory like for faces?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rocky

Hello decadence
Thought I was bad, I've got a black one! :smile: you're right with the saddle though. :okay:

Have you still got the Raw 6 speed titanium, with a brooks saddle? We'll have to have a ride round your local lanes when the weather gets better!
Ha ha ha.....why did I think it was green? Must have got it confused with your old username. You are spot on about my Brommie tho'.

Yes, I'm up for a ride and a beer or two.......although I feel I should be coming back to North London and paying Tulisa's ex-house a visit on the way to Hertford.

Reactions: GM

GM

Legendary Member
Ha ha ha.....why did I think it was green? Must have got it confused with your old username. You are spot on about my Brommie tho'.

Yes, I'm up for a ride and a beer or two.......although I feel I should be coming back to North London and paying Tulisa's ex-house a visit on the way to Hertford.

Ha ha, the good old days!

wheresthetorch

Dreaming of Celeste
I think I have a mild form of prosopagnosia - I struggle to picture the faces of family members and sometimes can't image what certain objects look like. Eg I know an elephant is big and grey with a trunk and tusks, but I can't picture one in my mind. It's a bit weird, and makes dreams quite abstract.

Over the Ord

A person I would of described as a close friend has stopped speaking to me because, I apparently spent 2 hours in a pub and never acknowledged them even after they spoke to me, what made it worse is that they know I was sober .

That’s how bad I am at remembering people when I meet someone out of context.

johnnyb47

Guru
I'm awful at putting name's to face's.
It seems to get worse by the year.
People will say hello, to which i will know the face, but can't remember where they are from or their name. To save total embarrassment, i will talk happily away trying to get subtle clues without causing suspicion to them as to who they are. This trick used to work quite well but as the years have progressed its getting harder, to the point i either embarrass my self or appear ignorant. God im only 50 and goodness knows what I'll be like in 20 years time if I'm still around.
The amount of people i must walk past in the street unknowingly recognising them from years gone by must be rife. They must think I'm really ignorant, (which I'm not)

Sharky

Guru
Anybody remember the old candid camera. The one with Jonathan Routh. On one of the stunts, JR would rush to a complete stranger with arms out stretched as if he knew them. The stranger would appear to recognise JR, but at the last second, JR would swerve round the stranger and meet his accomplish the one he had really been shouting at.

Was quite funny, although my description doesn't do justice.

johnnyb47

Guru
It bit off topic, but i remember my ex brother in law was waiting outside the shops for his mum in his red Renault 19.
Sure enough his elderly mum came out the shops and jumped into the little red car. The problem was though, my ex brother in law also witnessed it. She got into the car in front of him. A few moments later she disembarked looking very embarrassed

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
At a recent funeral, I met some cousins that I hadn't seen for over 50 years. Didn't recognise them at all. But after chatting for a while, I could remember some of their facial expressions. If we had met in the street, I would have walked straight past them.
I met someone at my dad's funeral. The man was talking to me as if he were a long-lost friend of mine but I didn't have a clue who he was. I was 47 years old then and he turned out to be a mate that I had seen pretty much 2 or 3 times a week from the age of 11 to my early 20s!

She obvs hadn't aged a bit :rolleyes:
chips - the secret of youth.

I'm fairly good at it. The other year i saw an elderly lady who was my primary school teacher in the mid 1960's. I asked her if she was Mrs Chadwick. She was but she didn't remember me,but that's to be expected as she must've taught probably a few thousand children in her life time.
either that or she's exited the other side of deep therapy to forget you.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
People will say hello, to which i will know the face, but can't remember where they are from or their name. To save total embarrassment, i will talk happily away trying to get subtle clues without causing suspicion to them as to who they are. This trick used to work quite well but as the years have progressed its getting harder, to the point i either embarrass my self or appear ignorant. God im only 50 and goodness knows what I'll be like in 20 years time if I'm still around.

I used to do that. Now i'll just say 'who the f..k are you'? :whistle:

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Never know why people know my name or talk to me like I know them... haven't got a clue. If I don't introduce people we meet to Mrs A she then knows I don't know who they are and introduces herself which then places them for me too! She's good!

If she's not around I just tell them my memory's shot and they tell me who they are.

Julia9054

Guru
Pretty good at it. But as a teacher, it’s an important part of my job that I am practicing all the time.
Brilliant at remembering numbers - credit/debit cards, phone numbers etc memorised without even trying - can’t remember my car registration because it has letters in it.
There is a hole in my brain where the connection between tunes and the names of tunes should be. As a musician, I could have played a piece many times but play it to me out of context and I can’t bloody remember what it is called.

I was always brilliant at remembering faces and names, must have inherited that from my mother. As I have got older face recognition is still pretty good but names........ ? It might come a long later. A few weeks ago in a local magazine there was a photo taken at the switching on of Christmas lights in Hadleigh, Suffolk in I think it was about 1964-65. Of all the people in that photo there was one lady who looked familiar albeit younger. Bit by bit I remembered her as a dinner lady at my primary school but could`nt remember her name. As I was waking a couple of days later her name sprang to my mind, Mrs Knights. I impressed myself ! I had`nt seen her since I left that school in 1970.
See I am getting forgetful. After I wrote this post I had a bar fruit moment. That lady in question was not a dinner lady but the school secretary. It just goes to show that sometimes you can put a face somewhere but maybe not in the right place. Is`nt age wonderful, not.

Top Bottom