Votes: 19 9.7%
  • 71-80

Votes: 5 2.6%
  • 81-90

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Above 90

Votes: 2 1.0%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

hoopdriver

Guru
Back when I were a lad and doing a lot of distance running - marathon times of about 2:30 - I had my resting pulse down in the upper 30s. I paid more attention to such things then. Nowadays my resting pulse - just pottering around - is probably in the low 50s. Don’t know for sure. It is pretty slow. It is less than my age, which is a good thing, I guess.

Last edited:

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
Back in 2013 as a 20+ a day smoker with an exercise regime of 1 sit up a day (normally in the morning...), and walking up the stairs as nature called, resting HR was 81 - 88. Now, as a 0 a day ex-smoker (who misses it most days), who does 150 miles or so a week, 53 - 58.

Roadhump

Time you enjoyed wasting was not wasted
I'm getting worried, I thought my resting HR was good for my age (almost 58) at around 60, but reading some of the low ones here, it makes me think I must be really unfit. I suppose age has something to do with it, but probably so does carrying excess weight due to being a bit of a glutton for things like beer and chip butties made with tiger bread, real butter and chippy chips.......this could be the start of a health kick....more miles on the bike, less beer and better food. :training: :bicycle:

I am 69 today and my normal resting heart rate is 52 to 58, but even now, if I sit or lie down in a totally quiet area with absolutely no noise and I concentrate on slowing down my body I can still reduce my rate down to 28 to 30. I was taught how to do this in my swimming and cycling competition days way back in the 1960's.

D

Deleted member 1258

Age 66 and mines usually between 50 and 55, before I had my heart problems it was a touch lower but not much.

I can honestly say that now in my 50's my heart has never been so healthy and it's all down to falling in love with cycling 9 years ago.

I love seeing just how quickly my HR drops after puffing up over a hill. Just hope the rest of my chassis holds up.

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
Three years ago, with a 24 hour BP monitor it was 60. Occasional finger on the pulse checks first thing in the morning suggest it still is. I'm 63.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
I'm getting worried, I thought my resting HR was good for my age (almost 58) at around 60, but reading some of the low ones here, it makes me think I must be really unfit. I suppose age has something to do with it, but probably so does carrying excess weight due to being a bit of a glutton for things like beer and chip butties made with tiger bread, real butter and chippy chips.......this could be the start of a health kick....more miles on the bike, less beer and better food. :training: :bicycle:

I would not worry - on a good day mine is 38, but normally about 42. I am 42 and although pretty fit, I am no elite athlete. I think that some people just are naturally low. I make a point to tell the medical staff after coming around after a general anesthetic surrounded by very worried medics who though there was something seriously wrong with me.

D

Deleted member 1258

I would not worry - on a good day mine is 38, but normally about 42. I am 42 and although pretty fit, I am no elite athlete. I think that some people just are naturally low. I make a point to tell the medical staff after coming around after a general anesthetic surrounded by very worried medics who though there was something seriously wrong with me.

I remember a few years ago a mate of mine fell and broke his hip, they rushed him into A & E and hooked him up to a machine, within 30 seconds all the alarms were going off, he has a similar heart rate to you.

Top Bottom