What jobs didn't you do?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
At junior school, I replied "marine biologist" when asked what I wanted to be. At the end of the lesson, the teacher took me to one side and explained marine biology would required "studying at a 'university'" whereas what the town really needed was factory workers.
What a dreadful reply!
Did you go you go to Uni just to spite her?

Large

Duty idiot
I wanted to join the rozzers, but my colour vision is so bad I would never have passed the eyesight test.

.... please get in touch ....
I shall carry a parcel, wrapped in brown paper and tied with string.

I'll drop a cigarette case as you pass and you can bend down and pass it back with instructions as to how to progress my spy career.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Never knew what I wanted to do, still don't really. Got told by an ex-girlfriend that I was the least career orientated person she'd ever met.

The only one I had a particular inclination to do as an adult was work in a lab. After 7 years of trying and many near misses I am slightly closer to that now - having been offered it without interview despite years of failing interviews for lab work and what I'm in now. One of my friends who is older than me actually worked in one of the lab jobs I wanted to do despite only having 2 Gs at GCSE (not anything wrong with that or reflection on his abilities) not long after he left school. These days it's all biomedical sciences graduates, postgraduate masters and PhD students scrabbling over low paid lab work. And the rise of the robots.

GaryA

Subversive Sage
I wanted to save humanity from itself and protect the planet by becoming an eco-warrior.
I slowly discovered that (over geological timescales) the planet can protect itself and humanity wasnt worth saving.....

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
I shall carry a parcel, wrapped in brown paper and tied with string.

I'll drop a cigarette case as you pass and you can bend down and pass it back with instructions as to how to progress my spy career.
Really Marmion, you have to move with the times, it's not cloak and dagger anymore .... I'll send you a PM ....

Top Bottom