What jobs didn't you do?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brains

Legendary Member
I didn't know what I wanted, but I had two provisos
I did not want to work in an office
and I did not want to work for a charity.

I've spent the last 38 years working in offices all around the world and the last 25 years working in my spare time for the Scouts

When I grow up I want to be James Bond

OP
OP
Flying_Monkey

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
When I grow up I want to be James Bond

Ah, that's another one I turned down. At least, at university, I turned down an invitation from an anonymous blazer-clad older gentleman to 'serve my country'. I presume, given what and where I was studying at the time (Oriential Studies at Oxford), he was from MI6. I know others on the course were also approached. But who knows, he could have wanted something a bit more basic... ;)

Moon bunny

Judging your grammar.
After spells as a councillor and MLA's research assistant I was "one handshake short" as the party leader put it, of being selected as a parliamentary candidate before the 2005 elections. I would have got in for the 2010 election if real life in the form of an abusive, thieving partner had not got in the way. I have ended up, for now, doing a job I did not know existed when I talked to the careers mistress-who was pushing Woolworths-when I left school.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
That would have been a fun job.
That's what I thought .... I just couldn't do the accent. I went on to be Hans and Lottie Haas instead ....

Levo-Lon

Guru
I wanted to be a bike racer..i was pretty quick on a bike but it really was a pipe dream..
fancied the Paras..but id be no good taking orders..
i was also told to try stand up..i was and still am quick with witty retorts and could reel of a ton of jokes .

i like what i do so no crying over missed chances

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
When i left school i got a job with a local brewery as an apprentice sign writer. The bloke who was supposed to be my tutor sadly died a few days into my apprenticeship. The brewery didn't replace him so i ended up painting and decorating the pubs instead. So that's one of the jobs that didn't happen.

OP
OP
Flying_Monkey

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
That would have been a fun job but the swimming trunks were a tad Old School.

?u=http%3A%2F%2Fmedia.riffsy.com%2Fimages%2Fa88627fa19c7a950fff521364b077977%2Fraw&f=1.gif

Top Bottom