What kind of MUSIC do you hate...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tyred

Legendary Member
Boy bands and other manufactured pop tripe:angry:

That sort of pretend soul music, as reliably released by the likes of Whitney Houston, Sealion Dion and that bloody woman who recently mangled Leonard Cohen's "Hallelujah". Every cliched vocal trick in the book and insipid faux emotional backing music. Turbid musical porridge for those who don't like music.
And Coldplay and their ilk, obviously. The equivalent for those who don't like pop music.
And raaawk! music. The likes of Def Leppard and so on.
Now I think about it, it's pretty much anything that is played on mainstream radio regularly.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Rap and anything with garage/techno/funk or that sort of thing in front of it. Also, modern R+B. The title has been hijacked. Give me original Rhythm and Blues anyday.

Rhythm Thief said:
That sort of pretend soul music, as reliably released by the likes of Whitney Houston, Sealion Dion and that bloody woman who recently mangled Leonard Cohen's "Hallelujah". Every cliched vocal trick in the book and insipid faux emotional backing music. Turbid musical porridge for those who don't like music.
And Coldplay and their ilk, obviously. The equivalent for those who don't like pop music.
Now I think about it, it's pretty much anything that is played on mainstream radio regularly.

Don't you mean anything you don't play yourself RT ? :sad:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Modern Indie
Killers, Franz Ferdinand, Editors, White Stripes, Strokes etc

BigonaBianchi said:
Rap and country & western.

Surely you can't just dismiss whole genres of music like that though? There have been some good rap records made, and while I wouldn't describe myself as a country & western fan, I like some of Gillian Welch's stuff, and Johnny Cash made some cracking songs. IOt seems nowadays that it's only acceptable to be into one sort of music, and to define yourself by it; I like all kinds of music. If I put my ipod on shuffle I might get anything from C.P.E. Bach's flute concerto to Nine Inch Nails, via Eliza Carthy or Beenie Man.

PaulB

Legendary Member
1. Heavy metal
2. Boy bands.
3. Girl bands (that video for The Saturdays excepted as is the blonde one out of Girls Aloud - saying that, you'd have to watch them with the sound turned down)
4. Pseudo-classical shite like Pink Floyd, Yes, ELP and their ilk
5. Jerky disjointed nonesense like Uriah Heep
6. The proliferation of young male singer songwriters like James Blunt!
7. Pseudo classical singers who can't sing singing for people who think they like classical "singers". I'm looking in your direction, Russel Watson and Andrea Boccelli.

PaulB

Legendary Member
Rhythm Thief said:

And most of what he said an all!

OP
OP
Y

yenrod

Scottish folk music & Uriah Heep type of stuff that is sooo far out of the sky its on another planet !

Thrash metal - wheres the melody ?

Really fast dance music - how the hell can you get off to that ?

Where's the melody In music nowadays ???????????!

tyred

Legendary Member
BigonaBianchi said:
Rap and country & western.

I don't like rap and don't generally like C&W but there is one exception. I love Johnny Cash. Infact, I rarely listen to anything other than Cash and Dylan:thumbsup:

My other absloute pet hate in music is screeching females like Whitney and Celine Dion.xx(

Top Bottom