How kind of Norton.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stephec

Legendary Member
I've never given them a penny yet they're still looking out for me, how lovely. 😂

Screenshot_20240126_175138.jpg

Chris S

Legendary Member
I got a pop-up like that and I use Linux :smile:

• Laugh
Reactions: C R
I had Norton many years ago
It came with the laptop and the rate to upgrade after the free 3 months trial was quite cheap

Then a year later it had to be renewed

funnily enough the same version was not available except as a renewal of a free version - and the cheapest version available cost about 10 times the original cost

Since then I have only used free anti-virus systems - except at work where a more professional version was needed (still got it for free after pleading poverty and deprived children and stuff - it was a Primary school so I wasn;t lying)

Turned out that the Norton was also slowing the computer down - bugger to stop the damn thing running though! Kept coming back like a needy relative!

raleighnut

Legendary Member
I had Norton many years ago
It came with the laptop and the rate to upgrade after the free 3 months trial was quite cheap

Then a year later it had to be renewed

funnily enough the same version was not available except as a renewal of a free version - and the cheapest version available cost about 10 times the original cost

Since then I have only used free anti-virus systems - except at work where a more professional version was needed (still got it for free after pleading poverty and deprived children and stuff - it was a Primary school so I wasn;t lying)

Turned out that the Norton was also slowing the computer down - bugger to stop the damn thing running though! Kept coming back like a needy relative!

Also virtually impossible to 'unpick' it from your computer, it has 'tentacles' everywhere.

Also virtually impossible to 'unpick' it from your computer, it has 'tentacles' everywhere.

Yup - and fixing computer is kinda my job

If I found it difficult to spot all its hooks then your average person would have had no chance

Probably easier on Windows 10/11 in some ways - but not all!

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady
Just turn off all firewall programs. They make your computer run slow and there is little threat outside of Email scams. To hammer home the point, i was looking at a North Korean based website which lists a few recipes and culinary advice which i found interesting and a rare look inside the regime.... Absolutely no hacks happened or virus's received.

%&&%$%$£$@@@£"@"@@£$

130953-who-is-kim-jong-un-orig-tease-1-super-tease.jpg

Top Bottom