What kind of MUSIC do you hate...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cubist

Still wavin'
There's too much modern shite to list, but what really makes my blood boil is the sort of vomit inducing fiddle spewed out by the likes of Lloyd Webber. I blame the public for going to his shows, but then I would cheerfully see the entire readership of OK! and Hello! (in fact any gossip mag with an exclamation mark in the title) taken out and shot. I'm beginning to rant now, and I may not be able to stop myself. Anyone who covers the great and the good, like whichever of the generic spotty tossers ruined Teenage Kicks (RIP John Peel), anyone who has ever been "discovered" by cele........... ah f*ck it I'm bored already.

Sorry. I've calmed down now.

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
Cubist said:
Sorry. I've calmed down now.

I bloody haven't......:becool:

X-Factor derived music and the 'stars' that type of show produces.

Am I the only one to see it is a tired gimmick, on telly at 'peak' times to give the buying public the impression it is music, then to buy the cd's etc?

It's just piggin karaoke.

Music is 4 or 5 people meeting in school/college/uni, travelling the country in a tranny van playing (their own instruments) in pubs and forming their art for a few years before 'making' it.

This 'popularity' contest fronted by a roll neck cashmere jumpered, self-promoting weir-pig is vile and vomit inducing in it's brazen corporateness.

I'm off to work!!!!:becool:

PaulB

Legendary Member
I'll tell you what I hate as well. Anyone doing a version of an Aretha Franklin or Otis Redding song. WHY? Perfection already exists and your version cannot hope to compete. It will just show you up and highlight how short you fall in comparison.

Cubist

Still wavin'
ComedyPilot said:
I bloody haven't......:becool:

Am I the only one to see it is a tired gimmick, on telly at 'peak' times to give the buying public the impression it is music, then to buy the cd's etc?

Music is 4 or 5 people meeting in school/college/uni, travelling the country in a tranny van playing (their own instruments) in pubs and forming their art for a few years before 'making' it.

This 'popularity' contest fronted by a roll neck cashmere jumpered, self-promoting weir-pig is vile and vomit inducing in it's brazen corporateness.

I'm off to work!!!!:becool:

That's why I stopped typing. I come out in angry red weals as soon as I hear the theme tune.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
I feel your pain. But I have to admit I actually quite like Jesus Christ Superstar and Joseph and his amazing technicolour dreamcoat.

X-Factor/Britain's Got Talent etc bilge - absolutely. Unspeakable garbage the lot of it.

tyred

Legendary Member
ComedyPilot said:
I bloody haven't......:angry:

I'm off to work!!!!:smile:

I have to agree.

Proto

Legendary Member
Drum n Bass really does my head in. Can't stand it.

tyred

Legendary Member
The real question that should be asked is are the general public so gullible that they can be persuaded to buy the shite you find in the charts rather than listening to music which shows some sort of imagination and/or genuine talent?

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
tyred said:
The real question that should be asked is are the general public so gullible that they can be persuaded to buy the shite you find in the charts rather than listening to music which shows some sort of imagination and/or genuine talent?

Does all music have to be intellectual? There's nothing wrong with a lightweight catchy tune for the man in the street to whistle as he goes along. If he wants more, it increasingly easy to find...
My girls started listening to S-Club 7, it got them interested in music, they've progressed to their own tastes, one's Indy, one's and emo... One day they might grow to enjoy Miles Davis or Boulez... who knows?

mikeitup

Veteran
re

most Jazz, tbh (although I do like Frank Gambale)

Any music done by people who can't play an instrument and rely on machines (computers etc) to do the hard work for them.

Most britpoppy type rock stuff. (can't stand sloppy musicianship I'm afraid. I don't care if it's "raw man" it's still shite. The first Van Halen albums are "raw man" but EVH can at least play cleanly)

Long Live shred!!!

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
The current CRAP in the charts is like fast food. Make it accessible enough and people (lemmings) will buy it, and real food/music with TASTE is pushed out of the market.

It's like the record industry has nothing but contempt for the record buying public, and blinds and sates them with cess that is pop music.

tyred

Legendary Member
Fab Foodie said:
Does all music have to be intellectual? There's nothing wrong with a lightweight catchy tune for the man in the street to whistle as he goes along. If he wants more, it increasingly easy to find...
My girls started listening to S-Club 7, it got them interested in music, they've progressed to their own tastes, one's Indy, one's and emo... One day they might grow to enjoy Miles Davis or Boulez... who knows?

Thers's nothing wrong with a few catchy tunes but I just feel the record companies are guilty of pushing stuff they know they should be able to find a market for rather than take risks on bands which have genuine talent and innovation. I've seen bands play in my local pub which are more talented than the majority of what gets played on the radio these days. But that's only my opinion. The fact that todays bands often turn up in a blaze of glory, have a few hit records and are never heard of again while the likes of Elvis, the Beatles, the Rolling Stones, Status Quo, Johnny Cash, Bob Dylan, Elton John, etc still have a huge following many, many years after their hayday speaks volumes.

Top Bottom