What kinds of potato in Holland's Meat and Potato Pies?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stephec

Legendary Member
@stephec Have you ever had one of these? I bought that cheese & onion pie yesterday in Accrington. I had £2 cash (I don't like using a bank card for small transactions) on me so I thought I might get 2 pies for my money. I saw a very small what looked like a jellied meat pie in the cool display. I thought it'd be about 70p. On asking I was told they are £1. 45! :ohmy: We're talking 2 mouthfuls at the most here! I then asked how much the last warm pie (It was around 3 o clock, so they were shutting soon) they had in the shop was. I was told that the pie was a cheese & onion and it was £2.45!!:ohmy: Heck, that meant I had to pay for a pie with a bank card!! Anyway, the pie was very nice. The cheese was a bit too strong for me :heat: , but it was well packed and there wasn't a chemical/preservative taste I get with Holland's and such alike. I mentioned the price to someone later, who told me they make their own pies on the day of sale and don't use preservatives etc and that any pies left over in their shops are taken home by the staff, not put on display again till they are eventually sold.

View attachment 685401

I've never like cheese pies, they've got to have meat or potatoes in for me, might give Manning's a go if I'm ever passing one of their shops, I could possibly take the scenic route home from Burnley one day through Rawtenstall.

Top Bottom