What legwere do you employ during the cold and wet?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bendy

So we are moving to the cold and wet times.

I have head, body, hands, neck all sorted but have never been happy with my legwere?

I would like to stay dry, but can live with damp, warm is more important

Any pearls of wisdom out there?

martinclive

Über Member
Expensive gear in the summer and Sports direct long cycling lycra held up by braces in the winter - they are thicker than expensive stuff and have kept me warm enough last 3 years - yes they get wet but not too bad - if it's too cold for them then it's icy and I will not ride!!!

vickster

Legendary Member
Sportful have a no rain range of leg warmers. Castelli have similar

Otherwise altura winter cruisers over padded shorts or longs

Or waterproof trousers if you don't mind a bit boil in the bag

T4tomo

Legendary Member
A pair of any brand roubaix tights over normal bib shorts, and a decent overshoes to keep the feet warm and dry

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
I wear lightweight or heavyweight roubaix longs depending on the weather. Damp but warm.

Can't say I noticed much difference between the brands I've had to say one stands out but wear different types depending what I'm doing weather. Just now or on a fast group ride (apart from the coldest days) I'll wear knee or leg warmer and in colder climates I'll wear bib longs.

BEHMOTH66

Karimoor Run leggings sports direct £12 dry in 30 mins cheap Addidas trainers dry after 4 hours (radiator next to my desk at work) oh I put tea bags in my trainers so I don't stink out the office ;)

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
Expensive gear in the summer and Sports direct long cycling lycra held up by braces in the winter - they are thicker than expensive stuff and have kept me warm enough last 3 years - yes they get wet but not too bad - if it's too cold for them then it's icy and I will not ride!!!
Same for me minus the braces!

Top Bottom