What legwere do you employ during the cold and wet?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
A pair of longs or leg warmers for that extra bit of flexability.

overshoes and/or sealskinz socks to keep the feet warm.

topcat1

vintage Mercian 2012
Mudguards and Altura night vision for work, legwarmers or winter tights for play

al78

Guru
Lycra trousers. I find Lycra doesn't absorb much water and as such, they are not uncomfortable to wear in the rain unlike everyday clothing which soaks up water and then you have wet cloth next to your skin. It hardly ever gets cold enough in the SE of England to require any true cold weather clothing (December 2010 excepted), even in mid winter I only wear my coat over a t-shirt and that is plenty unless it is sub-zero, when I may put another layer on. I have failed to find anything that will keep feet dry for a 45 minute ride in continuous rain, and I have tried various overshoes in the past, now I just deal with the fact that occasionally I will get wet feet and change shoes and socks at my destination.

spen666

Legendary Member
So we are moving to the cold and wet times.

I have head, body, hands, neck all sorted but have never been happy with my legwere?

I would like to stay dry, but can live with damp, warm is more important

Any pearls of wisdom out there?

What is this cold you refer to??????????????????????????????

Sportful have a no rain range of leg warmers.

The Sportful No Rain stuff is ossum;wore legging and arm warmers with the Fiandre no rain bib shorts and a l/s jersey last week in the chilly rain.

Actually looking at getting some of these;

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/sportful-fiandre-no-rain-bib-tights/?lang=en&curr=GBP&dest=1&sku=5360714155&ci_src=18615224&ci_sku=5360714155uk&utm_source=google&utm_term&utm_campaign=UK_PLA_Clothing&utm_medium=base&utm_content=s6Ayd3IGC_dc|pcrid|67090791662|pkw||pmt||prd|5360714155uk

Last edited by a moderator:

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Bib tights , i have normal and roubaix versions dependent on how cold it is although atm i have been back in legwarmers on the commute as its been 9-10 degrees.

Top Bottom