What legwere do you employ during the cold and wet?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
Just seen the weather forecast. I'll need to think about this again.

EthelF

Rain God
I have a pair of Decathlon 520 bib shorts for particularly cold days. Toasty and warm even when wet - as I recently discovered when I hit some ice and ended up sliding into a massive adjacent puddle: despite being soaked and the temperature being around freezing, I did not get cold as I rode the remaining 12km back home.

Gixxerman

Guru
For my legs, my normal padded Pearl Izumi lycra shorts with a pair of DHB Vaeon Roubaix unpadded bib tights over the top. I have the normal tights, but there are thicker thermal ones if you run cool and need something warmer. For my top, a ManUtd long sleeve training top, with a Montane Fury hooded fleece over the top. For my hands, Montane powerstretch gloves. If there is a risk of rain, I have a Montane Litespeed hooded jacket that is windproof, showerproof and very breathable and packs down to the size of an apple. I am lucky that my other hobby is hill walking / montaineering, as the outdoor clothes for this are also good for cycling.

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
When its cold - Castelli NanoFlex leg warmers - I have some Louis Garneau Oslo Airzone Tights on the way though as its going to be quite chilly in the mornings and evenings when i commute. When its wet, I have a pair of Endura MT500 Splash trousers that can take a sprinkle. If its heavy rain and i cant avoid going out then i have a pair of Berghaus Deluge Overtrousers.

Shoe wise I wear a pair of Shimano MT71 MTB Shoes which i bought in a sale which should be fine if worn in conjunction with the over trousers. the MT71's arent the lightest pair of shoes out there but they arent exactly heavy either. They are very comfortable to wear but the base of the sole of the shoe could be a tad bit more stiffer like the Louis Garneau Monte MTB shoe i normally wear during the warmer months.

Top Bottom