What lights to go for

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

barnesy

Okay so im in the market for new lights with the dark nights starting to come in.

I commute year round on lit streets but im also thinking of trying night rides this year. Currently i use smart front and rear sets which give plenty of light for what i need.

I seen some threads last year on the magicshine, any reviews or alternatives?

Wooliferkins

B&M Ixon IQ on the front and the Smart 1/2 watt or 1 watt on the rear. I've been using the Ixon for 4 winters now, 5 hours on max chat which I doubt you'll need in town recharges overnight or in a shift at work. Good square beam pattern where you need it on the road I swear by it. The Smart 1/2 and 1watt lights are obnoxiously bright. If my old 7 LEDever fails I'll be having one of them.

Cubist

Still wavin'
If you can afford it go for the Mickey Mouse magicshine. 816 . It has various settings and is far more road-friendly that the straight 808. It has a dimmer and three different output levels. The basic magicshine is very bright, but is a PITA for oncoming traffic.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
+1 for magicshine , you can pick them up for £30 for some models.

I have this one ...

http://www.dealextreme.com/p/mj-808-ha-iii-ssc-p7-c-sxo-3-mode-900-lumen-led-bike-light-set-44459

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.

Scousegaz

I've loaded my winter trainer with the new Moon Mask front light and Moon Shield rear light, rechargeable units which are VERY VERY bright with about 5 settings on each, also very compact units which attach by way of a very durable band for easy off and on the bike for recharging....................would recommend these to everyone :boxing:

I've loaded my winter trainer with the new Moon Mask front light and Moon Shield rear light, rechargeable units which are VERY VERY bright with about 5 settings on each, also very compact units which attach by way of a very durable band for easy off and on the bike for recharging....................would recommend these to everyone :boxing:

@Scousegaz.

Firstly thanks for the useful post. Just one question. How do you think the Shield would get on with an aero seatpost?

Scousegaz

@Scousegaz.

Firstly thanks for the useful post. Just one question. How do you think the Shield would get on with an aero seatpost?
I'm not sure, if you take your bike to your LBS they will probably test if it will fit or not, my LBS have all the lights out on display but if they do fit you will be very impressed :boxing:

Top Bottom