What makes a "cycling sock" a cycling sock?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

NickNick

They need to be very thin and with a strong band/elastic top imo.

But saying that, when my "cycling socks" are all dirty and I ride with a "normal" pair of socks, can't really tell the difference ^_^

robjh

Legendary Member
I base this reply on the one pair of 'cycling' socks I was ever given as a present. They have a little, possibly reflective, patch above the heel, and go stiff after a few washes in a way that everyday socks don't. I have since stuck with everyday socks for cycling, and not regretted it yet.

Socks which breathe and support in the right places for cyclists, if regular socks do that for you they're cycling socks :okay:

OP
OP
Pro Tour Punditry
[QUOTE 5054681, member: 9609"]slightly off topic but still on about socks and cycling; has anyone tried bigger shoes so you can get more socks on ? and does it make for warmer toes.[/QUOTE]
yes and yes

Adam4868

Guru
Your all so blase about such a important item of clothing.It cant be short,that is just wrong.I find 6 inch high suits my pysique.I like to angle my leg and look behind from a mirror to see how it looks.No garish colours it must blend seemlesly with my freshly laundered kit.
Note to self.......get a life !

Top Bottom