What makes a "cycling sock" a cycling sock?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Welsh wheels

Lycra king
As per thread title, is there anything incorporated specific to cycling about a "cycling sock"?
Normally branded with Castelli or something similar that makes it worth paying 15 quid for a pair of socks

Must admit to being somewhat surprised by the "ergonomic" marked left and right socks I got from Polaris in a sale. They are sort of harder than normal socks. And do actually seem to be more comfortable on tough demanding rides than my normal socks.

booze and cake

probably out cycling
Some thoughts on cycling socks from Winnipeg CycleChick:

http://winnipegcyclechick.com/thoughts-on-socks/

View attachment 384571

Haha, after cycling around last weekend with toes like ice cubes I was determined to get some chunkier socks, so yesterday bought some Saloman skiiing socks from TK-Maxx that seemed nice and thick and warm. However I got them home and out of the packaging and realised they are much longer than I expected and it appears I have ventured into school girl/stripper territory:eek:

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
Haha, after cycling around last weekend with toes like ice cubes I was determined to get some chunkier socks, so yesterday bought some Saloman skiiing socks from TK-Maxx that seemed nice and thick and warm. However I got them home and out of the packaging and realised they are much longer than I expected and it appears I have ventured into school girl/stripper territory:eek:

At least you won't need long bib tights in the winter just continue wearing the pleated skirt.

booze and cake

probably out cycling
...but think of the draughty plums....no please don't, pass the mind bleach, sorry all, a MAMIL in stripper/school girl socks and a pleated skirt, I think I'd be issued with some kind of restraining order.

Reactions: mjr
Good grief. Sock length fashion police. :rolleyes:
Are you unfamiliar with The (very stupid) Rules?

subaqua

What’s the point
when its used to cycle in? which means all mine by that definition are cycling socks.

they could also be almost any activity sock ( yes even THAT, its cold in a tent in the winter ....)

T4tomo

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 5054681, member: 9609"]slightly off topic but still on about socks and cycling; has anyone tried bigger shoes so you can get more socks on ? and does it make for warmer toes.[/QUOTE]
or wear overshoes, which have the added advantage of keeping you dry^_^

Top Bottom