What makes a "cycling sock" a cycling sock?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
As far as I can tell, the main feature of a cycling sock is being annoyingly short because of some lame UCI rule that is irrelevant to approximately 100% of cyclists.

I got a couple of pairs of the Aldi ones recently. I had worn them 3 times before I noticed they had a little tab sewn onto the back of them that is reflective!
Apparently they have all the features below, I guess most are a gimic, but I like the colour of the ones I got, they are comfortable and they are cheap.

• Toe protection
  • Anatomically shaped footbed
  • Ankle bandage
  • Integrated padding system at toe, heel, side and instep to protect areas vulnerable to stress and strain
  • Mid-foot bandage to provide cushioning and stability
  • Ergonomic shape
  • Reflective tab for visibility
  • Highly flexible comfort cuff
  • Footbed made from PerEffect®, a high peformance fibre that ensures moisture control and thermoinsulation
  • Achilles tendon pad

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
I got a couple of pairs of the Aldi ones recently. I had worn them 3 times before I noticed they had a little tab sewn onto the back of them that is reflective!
Apparently they have all the features below, I guess most are a gimic, but I like the colour of the ones I got, they are comfortable and they are cheap.

• Toe protection
  • Anatomically shaped footbed
  • Ankle bandage
  • Integrated padding system at toe, heel, side and instep to protect areas vulnerable to stress and strain
  • Mid-foot bandage to provide cushioning and stability
  • Ergonomic shape
  • Reflective tab for visibility
  • Highly flexible comfort cuff
  • Footbed made from PerEffect®, a high peformance fibre that ensures moisture control and thermoinsulation
  • Achilles tendon pad

They are excellent - I grabbed a few pairs recently and they are spot on. Very comfortable as they fit so well.

I got some from Aldi too. The packaging said they've got thicker bits where it counts. They have Left and Right on them to save me from confusion.
Best of all they're red.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
[QUOTE 5054681, member: 9609"]slightly off topic but still on about socks and cycling; has anyone tried bigger shoes so you can get more socks on ? and does it make for warmer toes.[/QUOTE]
Yes. I've bought boots the next size up for that reason. It does mean you have to wear two pairs of socks each time otherwise your feet slop around in the shoe.

And here's another good read...............^_^^_^^_^

Emperors-New-Clothes.jpg

Milzy

Guru
Instead of starting a new thread, what’s are your cycling sock recommendations as I need some for winter and sales are on?!

Top Bottom