What makes you blub like a baby?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SamNichols

go on, tell me. What, recently, has made you blub?
I have had a wee cry, recently, at:
Control (I knew the ending, but still came as a shock)
The ending of 'Across the River and into the trees' by Ernest Hemingway.

What in general makes you cry? Do you cry? Am I made less mannish by the fact that I seem to cry a lot at the moment?

Noodley

The amount of "non soapbox" stuff appearing on soapbox makes me weep.

Bigtallfatbloke

..I cried last week after a family bust up:sad:

I also cried once during the film ring of bright water when the otter got spaded....but i was 7 years old:biggrin:

OP
OP
SamNichols

SamNichols

Where should we put it? We just want to change the tone a bit, we don't want it like the Guardian's CIF website over there...
Maybe we'd rather tell stories and poems from our soapbox than in the cafe.

OP
OP
SamNichols

SamNichols

Bigtallfatbloke said:
..I cried last week after a family bust up:sad:

I also cried once during the film ring of bright water when the otter got spaded....but i was 7 years old:biggrin:

Oh cartoon animals dying always gets to me - I might have a moment just thinking about watership down (Bright Eyes...)

Bigtallfatbloke

...Oh ****...now you've done it....remember the end of the book when hazel meets the black rabbit....I 've never looked at a roadkill the same ever again after that.

OP
OP
SamNichols

SamNichols

blam, now you're thinking about Watership Down, I hit you again with an Animals of Farthing Wood. Now, don't think of any more animals dying...

graham56

Guru
A kick in the nuts brings tears to my eyes :biggrin:

litespeeder

The early eighties boxing film, 'the champ' still brings a lump to my throat, I recall my sister and parents watching it at the same time, the room was blubbering.............

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
The Railway Children.

There are many more movies and occasions...but I'm too embarrassed to say. But the Railway Children does it every time.
I tend to cry more with joy than I do with sadness.

I think a good blub is fine.

Unkraut

Master of the Inane Comment
I've found that for some reason you get more emotional about things when you've got kids.

I know what you mean. There is a horrible short scene in Titanic where a mother is reading her children a bedtime story to put off the awful moment when they will realise they are about to die.

Top Bottom