What makes you fat?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

david k

Hi
I disagree. The reason people have to keep re-stating the obvious is that there are millions of people who will argue otherwise. "Oh, it's just my genetics". "It's my metabolism". Blah, blah......there are thousands of excuses that people make as to why this absolute basic fundamental of the issue doesn't apply to them. Well, here's the news: this applies to everyone. It's physics, and nothing, but nothing, can subvert the basic laws of physics. To take your analogy, lots of people seem to think they can push the joystick forward as far as it will go and NOT fly into the ground.

Yes excuses can be annoying, assuming the reason they are overweight is that their body must be different than someone else's. True story, my mother in law (this isn't the start of a 70s joke BTW) said she cannot lose weight due to her metabolism whilst taking a bite of a large cream cake, which she seems to live off, she was deadly serious

There are however some more details that have affects, thyroid problems have a major impact, also the foods you eat, I try to consider nutritious foods rather than low calorie and when I do that my weight is healthier

david k

Hi
[QUOTE 5411233, member: 9609"]The problem with the experts that tell us what food is good and bad for us is; they have contradicted themselves so many times over the years that you have to be forgiven if you cast doubt over any thing they say.[/QUOTE]
It's not the same person saying it

Top Bottom