What makes you fat?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
For me it has been potatoes. Have always tried to keep my weight down. Always hovered around 12 stone. Over the last 6 months i have cut out potatoes and gone with rice instead. Am know under 11 stone. Still like a biscuit with my tea. A few beers. Have slowed down on red meat. Eat a lot of chicken. And feeling good.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
I upped my fish intake in the spring this year and started to get a belly :ohmy: Cut out the fish and it went away :huh:
Go figure :unsure:

numbnuts

Legendary Member
Biscuits and being diabetic I shouldn't even have them :sad:

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Not being able to get out on the bike and bread usually do it for me.

Middle age and getting paid to stare at a computer screen don't help. Did I mention the vienetta? :shy:

Beer for me. I've had no alcohol for two months now and been eating lots more fruit and veg, resulting in a loss of 5kg. Beer belly is still there but there's less of it.

Never been fat but did get myself a rather unsightly and somewhat unshiftable beer gut a decade ago, for the same reasons highlighted above... then i got a job running around Aldi and the beer gut was gone in six months. :dance: ...only downside is I'm now struggling to find jeans with a 30" waist and a 34" leg :blush:

PK99

Legendary Member
For me it has been potatoes. Have always tried to keep my weight down. Always hovered around 12 stone. Over the last 6 months i have cut out potatoes and gone with rice instead. Am know under 11 stone. Still like a biscuit with my tea. A few beers. Have slowed down on red meat. Eat a lot of chicken. And feeling good.

How much potatoes vs how much rice?

Top Bottom