What makes you fat?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I find if you put in plenty of power on your rides you can get away with a lot of things listed above. Don’t be too concerned with weighing yourself. Just put more effort on the pedals and weight/fat will take care of its self.
If you are cycling 100+ miles a day, every day, perhaps ... :whistle:

On my first cycling holiday in Spain I did 750 miles of hilly to mountainous riding at the highest pace that I could sustain and I put on 6 lbs during the 2 week holiday! (Daily unlimited buffet breakfast, cafe stop, snacks, unlimited evening buffet, a few beers.)

Milzy

Guru
Thats not true, i ride between 5 and 7 thousand miles a year, have never lost any weight through riding alone,
Wow! I’ve only done 2,500 this year and lost 1 1/2 stone. I think some people’s metabolisms just suck.

Milzy

Guru
I swear by a high carb low fat vegan diet with no oils. Apparently Peter Sagan is onboard with that now.

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
I like the theory that 10% of weight loss can be achieved on the bike. 90% is lost in the kitchen.

Katherine

Guru
Don't get prescribed Duloxetine. Not been out for a meal for 4-5 months. Can't stand the smell of cooking food - If I cook, I won't eat it. If a queue for a lovely buffet, and smell it, I put my plate down. ~If I can't smell the food before I eat it, I may actually eat it. Not good.

Horrid meds. I'm managing on toast, soup and fruit.
How horrid for you.
Have you tried a tiny bit of vasaline just in front of your nostrils.
Also, what about a mini fan to waft the smells away .

vickster

Legendary Member
I swear by a high carb low fat vegan diet with no oils. Apparently Peter Sagan is onboard with that now.
How many calories a day do you consume?
Do you have a manual / physical job? The weight loss is probably not just down to cycling if you do

And yes clearly, metabolisms do vary from person to person

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
On my first cycling holiday in Spain I did 750 miles of hilly to mountainous riding at the highest pace that I could sustain and I put on 6 lbs during the 2 week holiday! (Daily unlimited buffet breakfast, cafe stop, snacks, unlimited evening buffet, a few beers.)

And yes clearly, metabolisms do vary from person to person
A friend did the same holiday as me, same rides, near enough the same food and drink. I went up to about 13 st 7 lbs. He remained stuck down at a very slim 10 st 2 lbs... :whistle::cursing:

vickster

Legendary Member
I think it is actually easier to lose weight on lower milage.
20 miles 1000 calories = no need for extra eating
60 miles 3000 calories = need to feed during ride and recovery, difficult to balance.
Who burns a 1000 calories in 20 miles other than Milzy? 600 would be more likely

Top Bottom