What music for Turbo training ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ventoux50

Its that time of year again - colder, darker, windier rainier, snowier !

So the turbo is brushed free of cobwebs, the bikes locked in, water bottle to hand, fan in place to keep you cool, stool beside the kit to allow one legged drills, brain about to enter a trance like state to complete a mind numbing hour (or two ! :unsure: )

What music do you listen to to motivate / pass the time ?

Any suggestions ?

(apart from Kraftwerk Tour de France ! :rolleyes: )

:bicycle:

aberal

Guru
I find it impossible to "listen" to music or "watch" TV whilst on the old Turbo gizmo. Ambient music is what is required - Music for Films or similar by Brian Eno or anything by Tangerine Dream or.......erm,.....Kraftwerk?

Garz

Squat Member
Mix it up with some motivating hard stuff in the middle remembering the first and last ten mins are for warming up/down.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Mix it up with some motivating hard stuff in the middle remembering the first and last ten mins are for warming up/down.
The 1812 Overture is good for that - a long slow build up and then it all kicks off! I used to then alternate short loud/fast tracks with quiet/slow tracks for recovery in between.

OP
OP
ventoux50

ventoux50

The 1812 Overture is good for that - a long slow build up and then it all kicks off! I used to then alternate short loud/fast tracks with quiet/slow tracks for recovery in between.

:blush: Reckon I'd end up with a banging headache if I listened to the 1812 at full vol through the ipod !

Interesting choice though, I find my choice of music depends on the mood I'm in, sometimes it can be Clapton, Dire Straits, AC/DC,Black eyed peas, kaiser chiefs, lady ga ga,

michael bolton :huh: (just kidding !)

Some Dance compilations can be good too, but I was looking for fresh ideas.

Wonder how Bolero might fit in ?

ColinJ

Podrunner is supposed to be good, though I haven't tried it yet.

I have an analogue PVR which I will be using until the local digital switch-over in 11 months time. I was wondering what to do with it after that, then I realised that I can play MP3 files from it so I can download up to 250 GB of mixes to it and dedicate it to turbo music duties!

zacklaws

Guru
If your like me, tone deaf, half deaf and not got rythmn, then music is useless if you try and pedal to the beat.

ColinJ

If your like me, tone deaf, half deaf and not got rythmn, then music is useless if you try and pedal to the beat.
I didn't think such 'got no rhythm' people really existed until I tried to teach somebody a simple dum-diddy-dum-diddy-dum-diddy-diddy-diddy... pattern and he just couldn't clap it no matter how hard he tried - I find that weird!

OP
OP
ventoux50

ventoux50

How about something rousing and classical... Wagner perhaps?
http://www.youtube.c...be_gdata_player

:blush:

[media]
wagner-280_1119073a.jpg
[/media]

:ohmy: :biggrin:

OP
OP
ventoux50

ventoux50

Cheers AP - you've just reminded my subconcious of one of those annoying tunes that you internally hum through once, and then stays with you for at least a day !

:wacko:

Top Bottom