What Other Useful Implements Should a Swiss Army Knife Have?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I was just thinking about what useful implements you would like added to the Swiss Army Knife which they have missed?

Following an incident a friend had whilst out cycling . How about a toilet roll holder? :whistle:

Do they have one of those engine cut off switches that UFOs and people like MI5 have on the TV

you know - the ones that you point at the car and it messes up the engine management system and the car comes to a stop

there have been a few times where I could have used one of them!

Once a Wheeler

…always a wheeler
Make one of the side-panels of the knife into a replaceable ferrocerium panel. This can be struck with almost any hard object such as a stone to produce sparks for fire lighting. A significant and potentially lifesaving addition to the knife. The panel needs to be replaceable as the ferrocerium is consumed in use. However, fire lighting is not a frequent activity for most people so a panel would normally last for many years.

Dadam

Make one of the side-panels of the knife into a replaceable ferrocerium panel. This can be struck with almost any hard object such as a stone to produce sparks for fire lighting. A significant and potentially lifesaving addition to the knife. The panel needs to be replaceable as the ferrocerium is consumed in use. However, fire lighting is not a frequent activity for most people so a panel would normally last for many years.

https://www.knivesandtools.co.uk/en...Rx5F8zghxTyrQfErdq0A571BIZ6d1pFxoCljMQAvD_BwE

a.twiddler

Veteran
Just get one of these. It has glowing reviews...

Blimey. A spoof, a photoshop job, maybe a salesman's advertising item to show what could be done? "No longer available" if it ever was. The clue is in the jokey reviews. Highly impractical, whatever the case. Despite Victorinox owning the Wenger brand name, the Victorinox always seemed to be a better product to me. I'd wait until the Victorinox version appeared, myself.

Dadam

That could be useful if you do a lot of outdoorsy stuff. It's a trade off though. What would you find most useful: the mini screwdriver which lives in the corkscrew attachment, or this? It looks like you couldn't accommodate both.

Yes, as a glasses wearer I wouldn't want to lose the mini screwdriver, but you can alternatively get ferro rods that fit in the toothpick holder.

Top Bottom