Votes: 16 8.4%
  • Gallery

Votes: 37 19.5%
  • Downloads

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • Chat

Votes: 46 24.2%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
What about the radical solution of sweeping away all the artificial forum boundaries and just having threads in one list? OK - separate out 'for sale' items, but not much else. Combine that with the ability to have more threads per page (eg 100 - and while I am at it, the ability to view more messages within a thread on a single page too!), and also a coding system so people can tag the thread with labels (eg 'audax', technical', 'touring', etc) for potential filtering.

I've done work over the last decade with clients who have been setting up forums and a common message that I've heard from experts is that a key pitfall to avoid in designing a forum is to fragment it too much (as long as there are decent search tools, and they seem to work ok).

I wouldn't be happy putting them all in together... I like the feature of being able to ignore certain boards (well in my case just one), and by viewing new content I am then effectively putting the rest all together.

OP
OP
Shaun

Shaun

Founder
Thanks for all your feedback; I'll keep it in mind as we move forward through 2011.

I'm going to unstick this thread for now, but don't forget - there's a Feedback forum you can use any time if you want to make suggestions about CC.

You are the ones who make CC work, so if there's something we can do to improve it, let me know.

Cheers,
Shaun :biggrin:

Top Bottom