What pedals?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I think I have now decided which road bike I'm going to get. I am wondering what pedals to get for it. I have SPD shoes which I have been using, they are not full on racing shoes, the type that just look a bit like normal walking shoes, and I have SPD pedals on my MTB, so I don't really want to go to another system. What is a good mid priced SPD compatible pedal for a road bike? Do I need double sided or will I be okay with single sided? Probably wont be riding through heavy traffic or lots of trafic lights so wont be unclipping all the time. Quite like the look of the
Shimano PD-A520 Touring Pedals, any others I should be considering?

Thanks in advance

Willo

I have A530 pedals (also single sided, with a normal platform on the other side) on my road bike and have generally found them fine, although there is the odd occassion when I have to flip them over with my foot when clipping in. From memory, using A520 on the jig when I had a bike fit a few months back they were a little lighter and shaped more like a road pedal. IMO neither look out of place on a road bike if that is a concern. Practically, the A530s serve me very well - in combo with a stiff soled MTB shoe they offer a decent platform for longer rides on the road bike. For what it's worth, if I were buying now I'd go for the A520s.

Top Bottom