What pen?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Yeah, but if you get it it's worth getting the deskstand too, and that's another 15 quid.

I love that pen. It's smooth, it's light, it's elegant and I can use it for pinning my hair back!

It's the one at the back of the photo I posted, behind the ink.

Sam

*fingers in ears - la la la la la la la, I can't hear you*

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
It's the one at the back of the photo I posted, behind the ink.

Ooooo is that a Moleskine I can see, I love Moleskines me...

HelenD123

Guru
It's amazing how the right pen can transform my scruffy handwriting. You've got me thinking, and my credit card twitching!

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Yes, go on. I'd like to know

International Cart/Convertor Pens:
Baoer 517 (x2)
Jinhao X450 (Broad nib)
Rotring Telescopic Esprit (Fine Nib very reliable, handy little pen to have around)
Rotring Art Pen (Fine Nib - I've had this for ages, and love it to bits - never fails to start, never skips)
Schneider Base (Medium, LH nib - odd looking, but reliable smooth writing pen - a carry anywhere pen)
Pelikan "Steno" (Unusual very fine flexy nib - fantastic pen for my pocket filofax - fits the pen loop & writes fine enough to not overwhelm the pages, also very reliable, gets bounced around my Bromtpon bag & starts & writes perfectly)

Proprietary Cart/Convertor Pens:
Waterman Phileas (Broad Nib, wonderfully smooth writer - my "correspondence" pen)
Parker Jotter (Medium Nib - another one I've had for ages - filled with Herbin Perle Noire & used for work stuff, mostly)
Lamy AL Star (with 1.1 italic nib - ultra reliable & tough pen - swapped the dull "M" nib for an italic & it's a lot of fun to write with, although does show up the weaknesses in my handwriting mercilessly)

Bottle Fill:
Green Parker Slimfold (Aerometric, eBay gamble - the body is too small for me, I think, but a fantastic writer - might move this one on, although they aren't worth much so may keep it!)
Burgundy Parker English Duofold Std (Aerometric, sadly with a b0rked nib, an eBay gamble that didn't pay off)
Wearever Deluxe 100 (Lever Filler, Fine nib, somewhat scratchy with a tendency to leak at the shoulder, fantastic looking pen with striking green and black striped body)
Waltham Pen (Button filler?, another eBay gamble, in v poor condition)
"University" Pen (Lever filler, another eBay gamble, medium nibbed lovely writer with very striking purple striped body - probably a bit thin, but writes so well I don't care)
Esterbrook "J" (lever filler with 2556 nib - amazing deep blue "Icicle" finish - a really lovely pen)
Hero "Jumbo" 616 x3 (fine nib, slightly cheap feeling but rock solid reliable pens - why 3? They came as a pack for about a fiver!)

Chromatic

Legendary Member
Thanks for that John. It's good to see you get to use lots of them.

My list is somewhat shorter.
I have a Mont Blanc Meisterstuck (use this lots, did have to get the ink flow adjusted but now its ok)
Mont Blanc Generation, another pen I like using
Had a Pilot Capless for my birthday last Nov, thats a nice pen too. Wanted one for a while and my wife got me one as a surprise.
Also have a Parker 17, in poor condition, which I never use, a second hand purchase that turned out like some of your ebay buys.

longers

Legendary Member
OMG (sorry!) I haven't seen a scalpel with 10A and lots of masking tape wrapped round the handle in donkey's years! In fact I didn't realise people still used such implements outside an operating theatre.

TMN (ex paste-up person, remember those?)

I saw some works by Kim Rugg which were extraordinary examples of excellent scalpel work. The images don't do them justice, the comics were incredible, as far as I could tell she took a 2D comic and cut and arranged the pieces to give the impression of a folded comic in 3D. They looked better than my description of them!

I know this is the pen thread but we've quite a few scalpels at work between us, could get a photo next week if you'd like. No masking tape though I'm afraid.

Top Bottom