what risk exposure accepting PayPal payment..?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
There was a case a few days ago of someone sending something recorded, had proof of delivery but the buyer still claimed he did not get it. Paypal then went and refunded the guy...

I used to be a Powerseller on ebay a few years ago and I gave it up because of this I had it happen a few times. I had to remove PayPal as a payment option from a clients website after a customer ordered some flooring from him and he delivered it by courier and then the customer complained he hadnt got it and they refunded him.

OP
OP
J

John the Canuck

..a long way from somewhere called Home..
thanks all
too much hassle and NO WAY am i paying ''Signed For'' delivery on a £15 item

if he really wants it - he can Bank Transfer

phil_hg_uk

thanks all
too much hassle and NO WAY am i paying ''Signed For'' delivery on a £15 item

if he really wants it - he can Bank Transfer

Yup dont blame you.

When I sell over the internet I have a value at which anything I sell over that I send it by Recorded Delivery and then another one where I send it by either Special Delivery or Courier and anything under these limits I just cross my fingers and hope there isn't a problem. To be fair 9 out of 10 times there isn't but you always have to be prepared for the odd time.

BikeLiker

Paypal gift payments are free to buyer and seller but offer no protection to either.

Claiming off Royal Mail is a joke. They have crown immunity and cannot be taken to court. I was given 12 1st class stamps when they lost an Android Tablet sent with recorded delivery.

However bad Hermes etc. are, at least you can take them court if they fail.

Roadrider48

Voice of the people
Where does that leave sellers who pay for a signed for delivery but the postman doesn't bother knocking, he just posts the package through the door. I haven't signed for a delivery from Royal Mail for months but have had several deliveries that should have been signed for.
I had one once where the postman signed on my behalf, then posted it through my door.
He was our regular postman for years, but still.

Paypal gift payments are free to buyer and seller but offer no protection to either.

Claiming off Royal Mail is a joke. They have crown immunity and cannot be taken to court. I was given 12 1st class stamps when they lost an Android Tablet sent with recorded delivery.

However bad Hermes etc. are, at least you can take them court if they fail.
I've never had any problem claiming off the royal mail. always got my money back in full.

byegad

Legendary Member
Bank transfer is more prone to abuse. Knowing my sort code and account number was enough for some scum to take out a Wonga loan in my name. I only found out when Wonga took £850+ from my account! I did get it back but not nice. Meanwhile should I meet 'Mr Aziz' from Birmigham (Not my name or place of residence, but the ones he gave Wonga.) I'd love to shake him warmly by the throat.

fabregas485

I love using paypal as a buyer due to how easy it is and the fact it is instant, but from the selling point of view I can see the shortfalls. I have never had any problems.
I fail to see how they can refund someone when there is the proof it was delivered. Surely that covers the seller, even if the postman were to fiddle?

phil_hg_uk

I love using paypal as a buyer due to how easy it is and the fact it is instant, but from the selling point of view I can see the shortfalls. I have never had any problems.
I fail to see how they can refund someone when there is the proof it was delivered. Surely that covers the seller, even if the postman were to fiddle?

They take the side of the buyer in most cases, in one experience I had even though the buyer had been banned from ebay since he bought the item they still took his side and refunded him and in the case of the flooring that was delivered but then refunded there was proof it had been fitted in the persons home and they still took the side of the buyer and refunded him.

As a buyer you wont loose as a Seller ......... well good luck with that.

Top Bottom