What secretly annoys you?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Thomk

Guru
Not stuff you're proud to be annoyed at like seal clubbing or smacking children but pathetic, pedantic, intolerant, small minded, gob smacking trivialities.

I'll kick off with people who park their car outside my house :stop:

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Nothing.

I'm very open about things that annoy me on the rare occasions that something annoys me.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
That I work with a very nice person who manages to annoy me by being nice:wacko:. She is a lovely friend and I sometimes get annoyed at how much nicer she is and that I'm not so nice, she is always trying to be helpful to everyone, picks up litter on the street, gets involved in her children's school. I often wonder if me not being quite so generous in spirit annoys her, probably not as she's so nice!

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
And secondly - Vernon's holier than thou taciturn thread squishing on Saturday mornings:gun:

There's nothing taciturn about my response. Nor is there any holier than thou in the content - I admit to getting annoyed.

taciturn
ˈtasɪtəːn/
adjective
  1. (of a person) reserved or uncommunicative in speech; saying little.
    "after such gatherings she would be taciturn and morose"
    synonyms:untalkative, uncommunicative, reticent, unforthcoming, quiet,unresponsive, secretive, silent, tight-lipped, close-mouthed, mute, dumb,inarticulate;

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
I don't do secret annoyance, why let something nibble away at you when you can share the pain. ;)

I used to live in a terraced house with a back alley that intersected with another row of terraces. My bin had 8K on it the other street No 8 had just 8. More often than not they were home before me and took (I guess) the nearest 8 bin to them, leaving me with whichever one was left, no biggie for me. One day I was off work on bin day & took their bin in early on as it was nearest to me. I heard a rumbling later and found my bin by my back gate with a note taped to it saying 'Sick of you taking my bin, use your own you spekky tw*t'. Meh, sad git.

His GF collared me a few days later apologising profusely as she's been the one taking my bin in each week having no idea it was winding him up so much until he exploded that day. She said she'd told him to come round but he was too embarrassed to speak to me.

speccy1

Somebody behind me in the checkout queue rustling a plastic packet, such as sweets/crisps etc. Makes me FUME:evil:

I think some people get a buzz out of it, and it`s totally unnecessary!

Garethgas

Everything annoys me, mostly people though.

People who sit too close too the steering wheel.
People who talk loudly.
People who laugh at their own jokes, then repeat it every 5 mins as if it gets funnier...it doesn't.
People who spit
People who play loud music.
Kids
Dogs
The fat ginger bloke 5 doors up from me.
People who blow their noses in a restaurant
People holding a conversation in a shop doorway.
Good grief....and it's not even 8 am yet!

speccy1

Everything annoys me, mostly people though.

People who sit too close too the steering wheel.
People who talk loudly.
People who laugh at their own jokes, then repeat it every 5 mins as if it gets funnier...it doesn't.
People who spit
People who play loud music.
Kids
Dogs
The fat ginger bloke 5 doors up from me.
People who blow their noses in a restaurant
People holding a conversation in a shop doorway.
Good grief....and it's not even 8 am yet!
Agree on all of them!

I can add the bloke 2 doors up from me to the list, our houses all have drives that will hold about 5 cars or so, and he and his wife will still park in the road, right in the way

Top Bottom